Notifications
Clear all

Spironolactone: How many mg are you on?

MemberMember
(@katkilpat)

Posted : 03/08/2018 1:43 am

In December 2017, my doctor put me on spironolactone for my hormonal acne. It's been about three months to the date since I started it and it's done wonders! I know that it can take around 3 months to really work so I've waited to make this post until now. Currently, I'm on 100mg a day. For the most part, my acne is completely clear, considering what it used to be. I had the rocky mountains on pretty much every inch of my face except for my nose. I will still have 3-4 active blemishes at a time so I'm wondering if I should ask my doctor for a bit of a higher dose. Maybe 125-150mg? I'm wondering what dosage your doctor has you on if you are taking it.

MemberMember
(@ready4change)

Posted : 03/08/2018 4:36 pm

I have been on 50mg/day since October. I didn't start to see clearing until about 4 months in, but it has really been in just the past few weeks that my face has become almost completely clear. From what I've read, this is a normal timeframe to see results (6 months), and it seems to me that with spiro, it matters less how many mgs you are on, and more the length of time that you've taken it. If I were you I'd wait it out for a few more months - I bet you will start to see more and more improvement, and then hopefully get to clear without having to up your mgs.

katkilpat liked