Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mystery

Dennis Farina??

Has anyone noticed that Dennis Farina on Law & Order has really good improvement of his skin? Every time I watch I try to see if there are lighting tricks, but even in outdoor closeup shots, his skin looks a lot better than it used to!

What has he done to his skin to get this improvement?

Most of these actors wear makeup and have access to the world's best surgeons. You could say the same about Brad Pitt, who had moderate scarring but recently can be seen without it.

Exactly, it is all about lighting and make up. I actually saw Ray Liotta about 6 months ago in person, at a Sheryl Crow concert in LA. We sat right next to him as a matter of fact. He was there with his wife ( who is drop dead beautiful) and daughter. Liotta danced with his little girl throughout the concert. I can faithfully report that his acne scarring is the same as it ever was, moderate to severe in some areas. No change from earlier in his life/career.

Brad Pitt has had his face sanded down a number of times, but the scarring, although fairly mild, remains. So does Farina's.

There is no secret place that they go where top doctors perform miracles on their scarring. The same treatments they have, are available to us. But in film or appearing on TV or publicity photos, they are simply lathered in make-up. And skillfull lighting is employed to minimize casting shadows on their skin, highlighting the scars.

James

Guest niko

Where did you hear Brad Pitt has had his face sanded down? Are you talking about dermabrasion or are you just guessing?

Please check him out on Law and Order. I swear even in ourdoor bad angle shots his skin looks great!

Do they really use makeup to fill scars that look so natural in daylight?

i watched law and order, and yes, while his scars do appear better, they often don't catch that side of his face on real close ups and when they do you can see his scarring by his nose and under his eye.

IMO, scars are noticeable to people, and those of us who suffer no exactly how to look for them and notice them even more...often leading to our own depression and fears.

i had heard Mr. Pitt had some work done on his face, but even so, most pictures of him are from the other side or head on where the scarring isn't as noticeable.

i know he buys this skin cream that is 140$ a pop both he and jennifer lather it on their faces like the world is going to end......saw this on a lifestyles of the rich and famous...so take what i just said with a grain of salt tongue.gif

still...hes not perfect, but still gorgeous and obviously at peace with himself...... if i could find peace, i could live with the scars

On another note, I can add that many of the stars ( and executives, writers, etc,) were some of the out right dumbest human beings I ever met in my life.  biggrin.gif Go figure.

James

Brad Pitt had laser skin resurfacing, I read somewhere.

Actors actually wear make-up that fills in any imperfections. Saw somewhere on the web for sale actually, but it is not good to wear to a shop for example.

James,

While I respect your observations how can you account for the fact that many of theser performers especially Ray Liotta, and Bill Murray's another, look better now on camera than they have in the past? What gives? There has to be some improvement in their scars unless there's been a change in filters that is only perceptable on acne scars. Another one is that red-headed actor who's name I can't remember but he has a huge head and he always plays the really nice best friend of the main character and then he dies.

I can for sure say that I've gotten noticeable improvement in my scars why don't you think they have?

Oakley, the expensive cream that Jen and Brad Pitt wear is Kinerase. I have been using it and love it too. It's actually only $90 a tube. It' lasts a long time. I've had it at least since May and it's still pretty full. A little goes a long way. Two pea size covers the whole face. Can't say it's helped my scars but the pamphlet is impressive with overall condition improvement. l think my saline injections are what has yeilded the dramatic results I'm seeing with my scars.

James,

While I respect your observations how can you account for the fact that many of theser performers especially Ray Liotta, and Bill Murray's another, look better now on camera than they have in the past?  What gives?  There has to be some improvement in their scars unless there's been a change in filters that is only perceptable on acne scars.  Another one is that red-headed actor who's name I can't remember but he has a huge head and he always plays the really nice best friend of the main character and then he dies. 

I can for sure say that I've gotten noticeable improvement in my scars why don't you think they have?

Oakley, the expensive cream that Jen and Brad Pitt wear is Kinerase.  I have been using it and love it too.  It's actually only $90 a tube.  It' lasts a long time.  I've had it at least since May and it's still pretty full.  A little goes a long way.  Two pea size covers the whole face.  Can't say it's helped my scars but the pamphlet is impressive with overall condition improvement.  l think my saline injections are what has yeilded the dramatic results I'm seeing with my scars.

James,

While I respect your observations how can you account for the fact that many of theser performers especially Ray Liotta, and Bill Murray's another, look better now on camera than they have in the past?  What gives?  There has to be some improvement in their scars unless there's been a change in filters that is only perceptable on acne scars.  Another one is that red-headed actor who's name I can't remember but he has a huge head and he always plays the really nice best friend of the main character and then he dies. 

Oakley, the expensive cream that Jen and Brad Pitt wear is Kinerase.  I have been using it and love it too.  It's actually only $90 a tube.  It' lasts a long time.  I've had it at least since May and it's still pretty full.  A little goes a long way.  Two pea size covers the whole face.  Can't say it's helped my scars but the pamphlet is impressive with overall condition improvement.  l think my saline injections are what has yeilded the dramatic results I'm seeing with my scars.

Hi Violet,

I worked in the film industry for years. It's called make-up and lighting. The fact that I saw Ray Liotta in person recently and can attest to him still with the same scarring as years ago just proves the point. Lighting and make-up are even better now.

As for Bill Murray, if you watch Lost in Translation his scarring is just a prominent as ever. I personally think the guy has never had a procedure done on his face. Perhaps he is just not bothered by it. No one else seems to be considering how his career just seems to get bigger and bigger as he gets older.

James

Oakley, the expensive cream that Jen and Brad Pitt wear is Kinerase. I have been using it and love it too. It's actually only $90 a tube. It' lasts a long time. I've had it at least since May and it's still pretty full. A little goes a long way. Two pea size covers the whole face. Can't say it's helped my scars but the pamphlet is impressive with overall condition improvement.

Hey Violet,

What Kinerase do you use? On the Kinerase web site they sell about 4 or 5 different products they claim you need for a full regiment. Since I realize this is a typical hustle, I was wondering if you could identify the one you use that has worked for you, specifically, so I could try it. Thanks and good luck with your proges.

James