Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Treatment of Nose Hypertrophic Scarring and Icepicks

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 03/07/2018 5:22 am

hi i wanted to ask if some of you guys had same acne scars as mine and can you please help me im so tired finding solution on this scars i want it to be removed i cant even go out because of this scars i feel like im different because my friends doesnt even have acne or acne scars i already done 3 tca cross session on my whole face and i think ive seen like 20% improvement  but im not sure if its really had improvement and i wanted to change my plan i wanted to try derma pen do you think it would work on my scars on my nose? or maybe should i try tca peel because i only tried cross i never tried tca on my whole face after tca cross i put vaseline on my face after 2 days i put vitamin c serum to boost the collagen and i never missed to wear sunblock when im going outside so what do you think should i do tca or dermapen should i try it? im scared because i already tried dermaroller 1.00mm for 7 months i waste so much time but i only seen like 15% improvement do you think derma pen will give me same results? it such a waste of time for little improvement i wanted to try dermapen i heard they work better than dermaroller or maybe should i try tca peel 30% on my whole face? please help me i cant decide which one is better for my scars? i only hate the scar nose because its really noticable i cant go to the dermatologist because im too far away from the city btw im from PH thats why im trying to fix it by my self and i dont want to try lasers because my sister already tried it and she seen zero improvement for 4 session its waste of money

sorry im not really good at english but i tried my best for you to understand me i hope you do thanks a lot

IMG_2537.PNG

IMG_2538.PNG

IMG_2539.PNG

IMG_2540.PNG

IMG_2541.PNG

IMG_2542.PNG

IMG_2543.PNG

IMG_2544.PNG

IMG_2545.PNG

IMG_2546.PNG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/07/2018 5:36 am

Hi, I advised laser resurfacing of the nose before and you said you don't want to do them. TCA Cross is a process it takes "many," are you using a acid with high enough percentage or is your Dr doing this?
I do not see at home microneedling doing anything for your scars. Possibly RF Microneedling at a DR which protects the top level of skin and works in Ethnic skin types. But this does not get rid of icepicks. Weren't you the one who had a keloid like bump on the nose and did not want to get it injected with steroid?

@Obi wanPlease take a look at this patient. Tried TCA Peels and TCA Cross. I do not know to what percentage or if enough. I advised him before of different options including laser but he was against this.

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 03/07/2018 6:42 am

i only tried the tca cross i never tried tca peels i use 30% concentration which one is better tca cross or tca peel?

i want to try the laser but my mom doesnt want to pay for nothingbecause my sister didnt see any results after 4 session and my mom thinks it would be same as mine

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/07/2018 1:39 pm

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 03/07/2018 9:42 pm

i already watched that vid before do you think dermasanding might work?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/08/2018 4:44 am

No I don't, you mean self application DIY... You can seriously hurt yourself. Make more scars, marks, increase pore size, discoloration. Or are you talking about a professional doing dermabrasion? Which is a very harsh procedure compared to the laser posted above that does work.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 03/08/2018 5:24 am

Easy job. TCA at 80% to 90% either toothpick or osmosis syringe. If done by someone who does TCA CROSS a few times a day, vvvvvvvvvv predictable. You WILL improve, no doubt, your scars are narrow enough. PIH for 6-8 weeks. Suck it up. Trade scars for PIH that will fade. 2nd or 3 rd treatment needed to raise up to a safe level. Then fully ablative erbium, downtime of 7 days. Expect 90% improvement. YOUTUBE videos and on real self explaining the procedure. Its very straight forward...

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 03/08/2018 11:00 am

@Obi wanI dont really what PIH,vvvvvvvvv stands for? Is there any chance my scars may improve using only 30% concentration? I already search on the internet and ask some people who had lasers no one perform tca cross near in my town i find some but its really far i cant go that far im gonna try 15% tca peel full face or should i do the cross? 30% will it improve even a little bit?

@beautifulambitioni was planning do it by myself im so desperate but i wont do it because you said it may create more scars thanks

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 03/08/2018 1:40 pm

Yes, you may convince a very junior dermatologist to have your scars treated in the methods that you think is suitable for both improvement with no- skin colour changes- all the best in your quest. You are dealing with medicine, and it may be in your best interest to see a dermatologist like Prof. CL Goh at the NSC in Singapore, take his advice on how to treat ethnic skin scars, without mentioning to the Professor your thoughts on scar revision. I am quite certain he has dealt with thousands of cases like you. Its like walking into to an orthopaedic surgeon to suggest a way to repair an ACL with 'research on the internet and asking people'. Dude this is your face- see the best guy for ethic skin types in Asia and he will safely sort these scars out, if you want a second opinion professionally. Prof. Henry Chan in HK is good with lasers, but not acne scars in general. He can however give you an opinion. (v= very, hence the procedure as described is Extremely predictable).

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 03/09/2018 6:02 am

@Obi wanim from Philippines do you know any good doctors at my country HK and SG is too far? what do you think about dermapen? will it work on my scars? even a little bit?

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 03/09/2018 12:13 pm

No I do not know of any dermatologist in your area. We are going in circles, BA has suggested the optimal treatment for your scars. You can try Dermapen, it can improve things however the optimal treatment is, as mentioned TCA CROSS at a proper percentage. This is a relatively long thread for a straight forward problem, and I am truely sorry that we do not know of anyone near where you live. Good luck, I don't have any more to add.

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 03/09/2018 11:56 pm

@Obi wan okay thank you for the infos :)

MemberMember
(@krimzn)

Posted : 03/21/2018 8:53 am

Hi strawberry, I have similar raised scars on the nose. Have you successfully got rid of those scars?
If so, which procedure helped you? TCA or laser?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/22/2018 3:50 pm

@krimzn
I am Obi wan answered this above, please read. Laser is the best for this. Srawberry tried acid and it did not work. You must have steriod injections as well into the bumps.

krimzn liked
MemberMember
(@krimzn)

Posted : 03/22/2018 11:14 pm

@beautifulambitionI asked because he also said the laser didn't work for his sister so ... anyway I'll go for the laser and see... Thanks.

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 06/09/2018 11:13 am

Hello i got few bumps on my nose i think its hypertrophic scars its 3/4 years since i got them i got 4 of them side on my nose i was wondering do onion extract works on hypertrophic scars will it flatten it? Btw i got this from squeezing my acne then i got this permanent bumps on my nose its very visible but i think it lessen a little bit because of dermapen it helps me a lot most of my scars now got 30% improvement thanks please help me out

sorry im not really good at english im asian

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 06/09/2018 12:21 pm

IMG_8531.thumb.JPG.52a728815a1fba0517a205b9e32c929c.JPG

Thank god dermapen helps me a lot but i want it more flat until its not that noticable will mederma help to flatten it?

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 06/09/2018 1:58 pm

See the many topics on this. If they are soft, sure derma pen can help (elastolysis), if they are hard, then the addition of intralesional steroid injection via a drip occlusion system can help. You do need to get your hands on A40 for injections. Dial the derma pen to 2.5 mm, CO2 laser can help, but I know old fashioned microneedling is just as good. (Just messy with the bleeding at a good 2-2.5 proper mm deep).

MemberMember
(@strawberry-nose)

Posted : 06/09/2018 3:10 pm

@Obi wanSo should i stick to dermapen? I used 1.5MM deep it flattens a little bit but i was wondering if mederma will make it flat even more faster or maybe its hoax i read some articles they say that onion extract flattens hypertrophic scars i want it fade more faster im not expecting dramatic results but i want to minimize it even more thanks

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 06/12/2018 4:18 am

Just photograph your progress, go slow, go sensible, go steady. If subjectively you are improving, objective document. Good work.

MemberMember
(@rackyduck)

Posted : 06/13/2018 11:52 am

Hi I have the same problem. Bumps on nose that have been there for close to 10 years. I have tried SIX laser treatments. Yes, six. There was zero improvement unfortunately. I went for my last followup treatment and the dermatologist said he'll try another laser. I refused because I'm pretty sure he just wants more of my money. So I'm looking for some home remedies.

Obi wanmentioned youtube videos on how to do the TCA thing but I can't seem to find an appropriate video.

MemberMember
(@abraxas21)

Posted : 09/09/2018 4:00 pm

Did anyone try TCA cross at 80-90%?

I have a similar problem, albeit the scars aren't very visible. Thus, they're not a big concern but I'd still like to get rid of them if the risk is low enough.

I think the reason they're raised (in my case at least) is because of overgrown sebaceous glands underneath them. I think this is the case because the "bumps" tend to get bigger when my skin is oilier. Also, the bumps dimished quite a bit (about >50%) when I was under isotretinoin, which purpose is to decrease the size of the sebaceousglands.Thus, I amnot totally sure if TCA cross is the right answer. Plus, I've never Heard of TCA cross for raised scars.

Edit: This guy claimed to have obtained near perfect romoval of his nose bumps with electrocauterization.

MemberMember
(@cam2njit-edu)

Posted : 09/17/2018 1:29 pm

Any luck?

MemberMember
(@ajaxz)

Posted : 02/18/2019 10:52 am

Hello OP, did u fixed your bumps? 

@Obi wan 

i do have bumps on my nose too and texture problems TCA cross on the bumps is recommended in this case? thx

thumbnail.jpg

MemberMember
(@axoneme)

Posted : 02/18/2019 9:28 pm

I barely see anything. Are you sure you want to fool around with it?