Notifications
Clear all

Annoyed/Depressed

MemberMember
(@generationgold)

Posted : 03/05/2018 12:34 am

Hey guys, Im new to this, Ive neved really written or talked to anyone about how my true feelings towards MY acne. Honestly I hate it so much, I know for a fact if I didnt have acne life would be different. Id get more girls, have way more friends, Id just live a better life. Those arent the only problems though, getting a job can be hard because of my acne, talking to people (I cant look anyone in the eye for more than 3 seconds), just having to worry about what I eat. Worrying about what I eat sucks because it doesnt allow me to live freely. I cant eat sweets or fast food because Ill break out like crazy. Honestly I feel separated from most of my friends. They eat whatever they want, have clear skin that they dont have to worry about. Well Im new to this stuff so if you guys can give me any life tips or something thatll calm me down lol Ill feel better. Im 16 btw, been having acne since last year.

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 03/06/2018 7:33 am

You arent alone! Remember that youre still young and many people around your age and older are experiencing acne as well. I know its easier said than done but try not to be too hard on yourself! We are our own worst critic and most of the time people arent noticing what your noticing. You shouldntmiss out on opportunities like meeting new people because of your skin. I know it can be soo debilitating and embarrassing but a lot of the time people dont really care. Sure, there are going to be some who make comments or are extremely rude..........theyre not worth your time! Truth is, your young! Enjoy life and remember that acne doesnt define you.

As tempting as it is, I wouldnt pick at your skin because that could lead to scarring.