Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin D, oily skin, acne, 2018

MemberMember
(@oilyface22)

Posted : 03/04/2018 12:59 pm

i've been reading this forum on and off for so many years, but never posted anything until now. The reason is that i think i've found the cure for oily skin and acne. A little bit about me: I'm a 33 year old female, been suffering from acne and EXTREMELY oily skin for 21 years now. I've tried EVERYTHING including accutane (4 rounds, antibiotics (3 years), spironolactone (3 years), topical tretinoin (10 years, still using), useless lotions and potions.. you name it, i've tried it.
I wish i could eat accutane for the rest of my life because it is the only thing that actually works. I thought. Until i found vitamin D. It's not placebo, since i started eating it for other reasons, mainly fatique and found out by accident that it seems to work on my oily skin and acne.

So, two weeks ago i started taking 100mikrogram vitamin D and noticed that for the first time in years, my face was not oily 10mins after i've washed my face. 10 HOURS later, still not oily. I thought to myself what the heck is happening, didn't understand it was the vitamin D doing its magic. It's been now exactly 2 weeks and i haven't gotten a single pimple on my face since then and my skin is DRY. Not too dry and flaky, but beautifully dry. I haven't changed anything in my diet or daily rutine. The only thing i've been doing differently is eating vitamin D.

why am i posting now? Well, first of all i'm so happy and relieved i found something that has healed my skin. Something that does not damage my body (don't even want to think about what all those medications have done to my body..).
second, i hope this post will help someone who is struggling with oily skin and acne and all the emotional distress that comes with this horrible skin disease. Vitamin D is cheap and has many other benefits to it. And it's actually a hormone, not a vitamin.

i've read other people eating vitamin D for acne, but those posts are many years old. How are you all doing with your oiliness and acne now?

best regards,
ex oilyface

MemberMember
(@oilyface22)

Posted : 03/04/2018 1:24 pm

Forgot to tell you guys that zink, b vitamins, probiotics and omega 3 makes me break out.

the only pill i take nowadays is vitamin D 100 mikrogram, which i believe is 4000iu..

MemberMember
(@henrylahore)

Posted : 03/04/2018 8:04 pm

About 10 studies have shown the benefit of Vitamin D to Acne
https://vitamindwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page_id=1437

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 03/04/2018 9:11 pm

@Oilyface22

can you provide a screenshot or link of the vitamin D product you are buying that helped you?

MemberMember
(@oilyface22)

Posted : 03/05/2018 5:01 am

Im currently at work, but it's vitamin D3 100microgram. Im from Sweden so it's a swedish brand from the pharmacy. Just bought the cheapest one :)

Ludadubz liked
MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 03/05/2018 7:14 am

It might be a coincidence, that maybe... you grow out your acne.

Your story is similar to mine, i took 5 rounds of Accutane, but still fighting against acne.

I'm currently taking zinc, probiotics and started taking 4000ui D3 daily since 2 weeks, no much results in acne so far, i hope i can archieve the same results. Your acne was mild moderate?

MemberMember
(@oilyface22)

Posted : 03/05/2018 7:31 am

The reason i know fore sure it's not a coincidence is because i had moderate acne on spironolactone. Quit because of the side effects and a week later acne started to get more severe again. Didn't want to get back in it, thought i have to accept that i'll have horrible skin for the rest of my life. I started vitamin D a week after quitting spironolactone and my skin immediately started to dry up.

MemberMember
(@oilyface22)

Posted : 03/13/2018 3:37 am

I have to share this theory i have why vitamin d3 works. 

so, its been almost a month and not a SINGLE pimple on my face. 

ive always had low bodytemperature, 35-35.9 and after I started taking vitamin d3 my temperature went up to 36.5, which is a more "normal" temperature. Im no longer cold all the time and have bluish fingernails and toes. Overall i feel much mych better and im not as depressed as i used to be. 

anyways, a few days ago i got a cold with fever 38 and, if it is possible, my skin got even BETTER. I started thinking, does vitamin d3 work for acne because it raises your bodytemperature? Or is it just a coincidence? 

ive said this before but ill say it again. Vitamin d3 WORKS. Why does not any doctor or dermatologist ever mention vitamin d3? Just antibiotics, accutane, birthcontrol, topicals, spironolactone.. been on all of them but vitamin d3 is the best so far. Gives you the same results as accutane without the side effects such as joint pain, anxiety and depression. I know you wont believe me, i wouldnt believe either. But its true.

all doctors here in scandinavia do recommend vitamin d3, but only 10-50 microgram and not for acne. 

i take 100-150 micogram daily with breakfast (smoothie made of natural greek yoghurt, berries, apples and chia seeds). 

overall i eat really well, always have, but that has never had any impact on my skin. 

good luck to everyonw out there who reads this and who is as desperate as i was for more than 20 years! 

..its been a month, so ill update my progress :)

cheers and thanks for everyone pondering on acne and cures. The doctors arent doing it for us so we take matters into our own hands. 

I dont think thats the ONLY reason. But could it be one of the resons? Overall i feel more "normal". Always had a feeling something is off with me.

all my bloodtests have always come back normal but i always felt that something is wrong, why would my body otherwise produce so much exessive sebum?

i havent tested my vitamin d-level, but living in the north with absolutely NO sun during the wintermoths, like 10 out of 12 moths lol, would suggest that im deficient.

Messy text but i hope you get my point 

MemberMember
(@oilyface22)

Posted : 03/13/2018 3:55 am

100 microgram is 4000IU

btw.

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 03/14/2018 6:48 pm

On 3/13/2018 at 4:37 AM, Oilyface22 said:

ive always had low bodytemperature, 35-35.9 and after I started taking vitamin d3 my temperature went up to 36.5, which is a more "normal" temperature. Im no longer cold all the time and have bluish fingernails and toes. Overall i feel much mych better and im not as depressed as i used to be. 

anyways, a few days ago i got a cold with fever 38 and, if it is possible, my skin got even BETTER. I started thinking, does vitamin d3 work for acne because it raises your bodytemperature? Or is it just a coincidence? 

ive said this before but ill say it again. Vitamin d3 WORKS. Why does not any doctor or dermatologist ever mention vitamin d3? Just antibiotics, accutane, birthcontrol, topicals, spironolactone.. been on all of them but vitamin d3 is the best so far. Gives you the same results as accutane without the side effects such as joint pain, anxiety and depression. I know you wont believe me, i wouldnt believe either. But its true.

all doctors here in scandinavia do recommend vitamin d3, but only 10-50 microgram and not for acne. 

i take 100-150 micogram daily with breakfast (smoothie made of natural greek yoghurt, berries, apples and chia seeds). 

overall i eat really well, always have, but that has never had any impact on my skin. 

good luck to everyonw out there who reads this and who is as desperate as i was for more than 20 years! 

..its been a month, so ill update my progress :)

cheers and thanks for everyone pondering on acne and cures. The doctors arent doing it for us so we take matters into our own hands. 

I dont think thats the ONLY reason. But could it be one of the resons? Overall i feel more "normal". Always had a feeling something is off with me.

all my bloodtests have always come back normal but i always felt that something is wrong, why would my body otherwise produce so much exessive sebum?

i havent tested my vitamin d-level, but living in the north with absolutely NO sun during the wintermoths, like 10 out of 12 moths lol, would suggest that im deficient.

Messy text but i hope you get my point 

Please keep us posted on your progress. I am going to get my blood test done this saturday and the results are going to be sent to my primary doc to see where my Vitamin D levels are and i bet I will be deficient as well. I will come back with my results. But either way, I am going to buy some vitamin D3 pills at the same IU lvl as u to see if I see any improvement. I have been on antibiotics for almost 2 years and not a day passes that I get scared of something happening to me

MemberMember
(@326005_1443949199)

Posted : 03/15/2018 5:07 pm

On 3/13/2018 at 4:37 AM, Oilyface22 said:

What I would say to anyone who is "feeling" like they found the answer, I generally find it to be true only in so much as it is a phase - this would apply more to people with severer forms of acne where multiple solutions are necessary. For example, with light acne diet and exercise may be enough, but with moderate it may be that plus supplementation, and so on.

I've felt for a while now that acne is some form of an auto-immune response(doctors don't know). Many times certain supplements and even foods work wonders at first. But then I overdo it either in the amount of it, or the length of time I take it...and then my body starts rejecting it and I essentially need a break from it until my body stops becoming "reactive" to it.

I mention this because I think this mechanism, or biological phenomenon, of "reactivity" can happen in anyone. Everyone has a biological threshold point, or physical/mental threshold for non-acne-related conditions, that can be surpassed. If you have light to moderate acne you may naturally take dosages of solutions that are below your threshold.

But for severe acne patients I think we often engage in higher dosages(quantity and/or length of time) of said solutions and put ourselves at risk of passing these threshold points of autoimmune reactivity...

Okay okay, a long theory I know, thought very basic and logical, I just don't want to bore you with it unless anyone else here is interested in asking me about it. The point I want to make is this...BE CAREFUL. Don't obsess over the vitamin D, but try it out. If acne is a long-term battery then you have to consider whether you can keep up with a current daily/weekly regiment for years.

A long-term regimen needs to be compatible for more than just a week of a month.

MemberMember
(@georgealberto)

Posted : 12/18/2018 5:05 pm

Hi there,

I found the vitamin D3 cure about two years ago, through a website created by a guy who had the same problem as me oily skin and acne. On his website created specifically to help people get rid of acne he would mention vitamin A, zinc, and other vitamins that I had already tried unsuccessfully. There was only one vitamin he mentioned I hadn't tried Vitamin D3!! So I followed his advice and started taking 10000 IU Daily (non toxic level) Within a month I had less breakouts and less oily skin!! Vitamin D3 is great!!! What he forgot to mention on his website was that D3 has to be taken with K2 otherwise D3 stores in your organs and can form kidney stones (It happened to me) And trust me this is very painful. Thank God I'm stone free now, and started on D3 again on a lower dose + K2 which is the way it should be done! I also try not to eat red meat and avoid dairy. I can happily say that and I'm acne free and my skin went from extremely oily to dry skin which I think is far better!!

Remember D3+K2 together otherwise D3 alone can cause severe kidney problems on a long term!