Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
berry

Accutane and Eyes- Check This Out.

Hi Folks,

As some of you may know (since I post to whine about it occasionally), I've had really dry and irritated eyes from accutane (Day 38?, 40mg whole time). I actually went to the opthalmologist for an unrelated eye issue (I have to get tested biannually for toxicity from some drugs I'm on that can affect the retina). I mentioned that I've been having dry eyes from accutane and he checked my oil glands and said that he could definitely tell I was on accutane, but they were still producing some (but less) oil. He did say that accutane can sometimes cause irreparable dryness, that he has seen it numerous times over seventeen years of practice. He said he considers it uncommon. This certainly makes me nervous, though, as the irritation has been close to intolerable at times.

However- and I hope everyone with dry eyes takes note of this- he recommended a product, Refresh Endura (one of the many, many eye drop products you can find on the pharmacy shelves). He said it's relatively new and contains an ingredient identical to a substance that the oil glands produce, and that no other eye product contains it. He considers it a major breakthrough (I guess eye drops can be considered a major breakthrough if you're an opthalmologist!). Anyway, this guy's a Harvard guy so hopefully he's up to snuff on his specialty....

Needless to say, I ran out and got some, though I haven't tried it yet. I'll post back when I've tested it out.

I sincerely hope this post helps out some of you who are suffering from dry eyes. blessings all, berry

Thanks Berry! Eye probalems can be permanent on tane which is something I have thought about and have posted in this section. People should be aware that it can cause permanent contact lens intolerance and other eye problems.. I currently use drops now, but I will switch to your brand sicne it is a "breakthrough!"

Hi Folks,

As some of you may know (since I post to whine about it occasionally), I've had really dry and irritated eyes from accutane (Day 38?, 40mg whole time). I actually went to the opthalmologist for an unrelated eye issue (I have to get tested biannually for toxicity from some drugs I'm on that can affect the retina). I mentioned that I've been having dry eyes from accutane and he checked my oil glands and said that he could definitely tell I was on accutane, but they were still producing some (but less) oil. He did say that accutane can sometimes cause irreparable dryness, that he has seen it numerous times over seventeen years of practice. He said he considers it uncommon. This certainly makes me nervous, though, as the irritation has been close to intolerable at times.

However- and I hope everyone with dry eyes takes note of this- he recommended a product, Refresh Endura (one of the many, many eye drop products you can find on the pharmacy shelves). He said it's relatively new and contains an ingredient identical to a substance that the oil glands produce, and that no other eye product contains it. He considers it a major breakthrough (I guess eye drops can be considered a major breakthrough if you're an opthalmologist!). Anyway, this guy's a Harvard guy so hopefully he's up to snuff on his specialty....

Needless to say, I ran out and got some, though I haven't tried it yet. I'll post back when I've tested it out.

I sincerely hope this post helps out some of you who are suffering from dry eyes. blessings all, berry