Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_Iceman

Differin Question...

I've been using Differin for nearly 3 months now (I think I'm in week 12 or 13 right now). When I began using Differin, I was taking 50mg of Minocycline per day. For 2 months, my acne was relatively at bay. I had some small breakouts here and there, but very few large or offensive pimples.

My doctor didn't give me more Minocycline when it ran out. This was presumably to prevent antibiotic resistance or future dependence on antibiotics. For the past month while using only Differin, my acne has been noticeably worse. My confidence is shot.

Anyways, I'm wondering how much longer I should stick with Differin. I'd like to have hope, but from what I've read in other threads on this messageboard, I'm not sure if Differin has been doing anything more than irritating my skin.

My derm put me on differin and duac at the same time a while back. The duac worked pretty well. It's just BP with some clindamycin to kill the bacteria. I did not like differin thought. All it did was make my face red, peeled, and irritated. IMO it's crap. Perhaps experiment with different regimens people use on here. THe derm doesn't know for a fact what will work for you, everyone is different after all. I espically like Blotchula's regimen. Dan's works well too.

My doctor didn't give me more Minocycline when it ran out. This was presumably to prevent antibiotic resistance or future dependence on antibiotics. For the past month while using only Differin, my acne has been noticeably worse. My confidence is shot.

Less than 1% of acne bacteria is resistant to minocycline and I can see no reason for you being taken off it after a few months as 6 months is the minimum treatment time with antibiotics