Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shawn239

Scare treatment help

This is how my right cheek looks like in low light. I feel depressed just looking in the mirror sometimes. My other cheek has the same type of scars but not as much. It was been three years (almost) sinc eI have been off accutane. I thought my face was doing better (scaring) but apparently it's not. When I talked to my father on the phone the other day, he had the fucking never to tell me by the way,I talked to my derm and told him that you have scars and the dem said he could do c02. I thought my face was looking good. He said no when I saw you before you left I could clearly see scars on your cheeks. The piece of crap didn't have to rub this in. Especially me being deployed to Iraq right now.

Well I was wondering on some advice from you guys on how I can improve them.

The stupid light always places tricks. Some Mirrors in lighting I look great and others I feel like he mirror is laughing at me. You can't see my scars in my gallery because of the lighting but here they are.

post-12541-1102723785_thumb.jpg

post-12541-1102723785_thumb.jpg

hello shawn.It seems the treatments that people have had success with on this board are as follows:

TCA Cross

Punch floats followed by Dermabrasion with Dr.Y

certain injectables(Restalyne)

needling

Some of the treatments that haven't seemed to work for atrophic scarring are:

CO2

N lite

Mederma

MICRO-dermabrasion

The thing to keep in mind is what works for some may not work for others.Everybody responds in their own way to different procedures.Personnally my goal is to get 50% improvement and anything over is a bonus.You could get dramatic improvement if you explore your options and see what is right for you.You also might have to spend a considerable amount of money to get the results you desire but you shouldn't let this deter you.Happiness is more important that dollars.I hope this helps and sorry your father isn't as supportive as he should be.

Hey Shawn,

That was pretty insensitive of your dad, but I think he may have just been trying to help. Overall you only have that one area where you can see some scars, In general your skin looks good and you have a really cute face : )

Don't do CO2 laser. i think subscision or something to target just that area would help, may be punch floats or a series of chem peels to smooth it out...Or even non ablative laser but not CO2.

Hey Shawn,

That was pretty insensitive of your dad, but I think he may have just been trying to help. Overall you only have that one area where you can see some scars, In general your skin looks good and you have a really cute face : )

Don't do CO2 laser. i think subscision or something to target just that area would help, may be punch floats or a series of chem peels to smooth it out...Or even non ablative laser but not CO2.

Shawn add some temple scarring and we pretty much look identical in terms of our scarring. I hate it too. Anyway, I would atleast get punch floats for the ice picks and boxscars, I did and although they are still discolored and uneven right now, I see an improvement. I wouldn't recommend CO2 laser resurfacing because not many people report positive results with that.

Be very thankful that your father is not only willing to help you out with your scarring, but GOING OUT OF HIS WAY to do so. An INsensitive father trying to help is 10x better than a father who doesn't care.

That being said i basically agree with Colkurtz. You should probably look into TCA CROSS for any deep icepick like scarring you have. I think the original TCA CROSS article claims that it is effective for treating rolling scars as well, however, few people on this board have experience treating roling scars with TCA.

Or you can just get the deep scars punch floated, and follow it with dermabrasion to help smooth things out. If you consider this make sure it's from a SKILLED doctor like Dr. Y.

TCA CROSS is FAR less expensive than punch floats/dermabrasion. However, CROSS sometimes needs to be performed 3 or 4 times before you see good results. In other words, CROSS would probably be a year long commitment during which you'd look worse than usual. This is my opinion based on my own experience and what i've read from others. Some people get significant improvement with just one cross.

Anyway man, take care of yourself in Iraq and good luck with any treatment you consider.

Guest niko

Wait until your out of the Army before you start repairing, if you can't wait then i recommend you get take a 4 day pass for punch floats, and then put in for a 3 week leave for Dermabrasion if you want. Your scarring is really not that bad considering that is the worst lighting.

This is how my right cheek looks like in low light.  I feel depressed just looking in the mirror sometimes.  My other cheek has the same type of scars but not as much.  It was been three years (almost) sinc eI have been off accutane.  I thought my face was doing better (scaring) but apparently it's not.  When I talked to my father on the phone the other day, he had the fucking never to tell me by the way,I talked to my derm and told him that you have scars and the dem said he could do c02.  I thought my face was looking good.  He said no when I saw you before you left I could clearly see scars on your cheeks.  The piece of crap didn't have to rub this in.  Especially me being deployed to Iraq right now.

Well I was wondering on some advice from you guys on how I can improve them.

The stupid light always places tricks.  Some Mirrors in lighting I look great and others I feel like he mirror is laughing at me.  You can't see my scars in my gallery because of the lighting but here they are.

Shawn,

I don't think your scarring is all that bad. I agree with Chloe that subcision would help. It would release that bound down scar tissue. I had it done and it was by far the best procedure I did for the money. Just be sure to find a doc who is very experienced in this procedure. After that, you may want to try TCA Cross.

There is hope! good luck.

Be safe and thank you for your service to the country!

hols

Be very thankful that your father is not only willing to help you out with your scarring, but GOING OUT OF HIS WAY to do so. An INsensitive father trying to help is 10x better than a father who doesn't care.

HEY SHAWN, im sean too... by the way, as with everyone else, i feel the same when i pass by a mirror and i say "wow, lookin good!" but when i get home, i go in my living room where there a mirror next to windows that shine bright light. it very depressing because my acne looks redder for some reason i dont get it. I just wish it would clear up and if those are scars you have, then how can i get rid of my red marks. My friends dad has scars similar to yours but seem much worse. I hope things go well for you and oyur scars, maybe you still hav hope, something thats drained from me.

good luck!

hi shawn i know exactly how u feel. my father is the same way. he is so blunt and rude. other people think its funny but when it's your parent its humilating. but listen your scars aren't that bad. i think you could get treatment for them and see an improvement that would lift ur spirits. here is what i have learned about lighting.. stay away from neon lights! i work with high school kids and i was doing a fundraiser in the gym, and we had these awful neon lights on. i knew the whole time that my skin must of looked awful. at the end of the night one of the students came up to me and asked me if she could ask me a personal question. and i just kneew what was coming. and she said, i'm just really concerned about your cheeks what happened? omg i could have died! i just explained i had acne scars..and that i was looking at treatments. she was very sympathetic and being very kind about it. but she was geniunely worried which really upset me. that my face looked that awful! then i went home and looked in my bathroom mirror which has really great lighting and i thought,oh my skin looks great!

anyway..your not alone in your struggles.

jane

hey dude agree with hols, you scarring ain't half bad, but I hate saying that. I know any kind of scarring is depressing. I can't offer any advice as i can'r afford any treatment. But I guess you shouldn't expecrt a miracle cure kay?

chow