Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

klar877

HELP! Continuing suffering of acne putting my life on hold.

Hi everyone, my name is Klarissa, and this is my first post! Today, I woke up with my acne worse than it’s been in about a year, and I freaked out and refused going to school, so I’m taking every step to trying to help my skin for good. I am 16 years old and started getting cystic acne at the age of 10. Yes, 10 years old. My acne then developed and started to cover my face entirely in cystic acne. It was more severe along my chin, under my eyes, and especially around my mouth, sometimes on my lip. I have spent years trying to clear my acne and have gone through countless drugstore cleansers, spot treatments, serums, ect. But none have worked. I have had 3 prescriptions for my acne, 1 oral & 2 creams, but after using each product fully, my acne did not improve, and while using the topical gels for the full duration, my skin actually got worse. The oral prescription was a type of birth control specifically for acne, and is only perscibed as one three month trial. I saw improvements about 2 months in, and at the end of the trial, I asked for more but they couldn’t prescribe a refill. Another prescription that worked well was a 3 week antibiotic perscribed for an infection in my foot, and although it didn’t work for what it was prescribed for, it cleared my acne while I was using it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get a refill and my acne returned prominently after the 3 weeks were over. After multiple failures with chemical based treatments, I switched to an all natural regime and it had seemed to work up until this week, with no apparent reason. My acne is not just “hormonal teenage acne”, it is severe and painful and when I break out, they are swollen, bright red, and atleast a centimetre in diameter. I cannot cover them with makeup and I don’t have enough money for serious treatments and I cannot go on accutane, so I am really at a loss for what to do.