Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damonejudis

Sking Lightening

i was reading throught the faq because im working on put the regimen on a dvd to give to a friend. well in the faq dan quoted the Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine:

"The most common side effects of anti-acne drugs applied to the skin are slight redness, dryness, peeling, and stinging, and a warm feeling to the skin. These problems usually go away as the body adjusts to the drug and do not require medical treatment. Other side effects should be brought to a physician's attention. Check with a physician as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:

1. Blistering, crusting or swelling of the skin.

2. Severe burning or redness of the skin.

3. Darkening or lightening of the skin. (This effect will eventually go away after treatment with an anti-acne drug ends.)

4. Skin rash.

my aunt actually commented on my face clearing up but then she said that my skin is also lightening. turning me "Guerro" why would skin lightening be bad, and should i go see a physician about it?

Guest TylerD

It is odd how the bp does that to the face. I have had the same problem except mine will go very brown. And mine usually didnt go away. I would have to stop with the bp for a week or so till my skin peeled. But that might just be me. And then I could eventually go back on it. But for me I didnt really care it didnt bother me. As long as I am acne free I dont care about a slight discolor to my skin. Nobody really notices anyway. And it is nothing serious maybe your skin is just really sensative to the bp and you need to put a smaller dose on or els your skin just has to get used to it.