Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a teenager that needs advice about this issue that i've been through from the 6th grade and im now a sophmore in hs and i need help. i want a change and fast, because it is runing my life!

I have been using benzaclin for two weeks now and havent seen any results but massive dryness and peeling.I dont use any mosturizer. i use a Brevoxyl-8 creamy wash and take minonclyin pills. Do you think it would be better for me to use a mosturizer? My mom told me i shouldnt because the derm didnt say anyhting about anyhting else to use but the product. For those who used it before how long will i see results without putting on any mosturizer?

I've been using it for more than two months now. I started seeing a change like a month after. It hasn't cleared me but it kinda helps keeping it at bay.

It dried out my face a lot when I started using it. I suggest you use a moisturizer. My doctor didn't mention about using one either but I just bought my own. You don't want dry flaky skin.

I've been using it for more than two months now. I started seeing a change like a month after. It hasn't cleared me but it kinda helps keeping it at bay.

It dried out my face a lot when I started using it. I suggest you use a moisturizer. My doctor didn't mention about using one either but I just bought my own. You don't want dry flaky skin.

Yea that's what I think too. The doctor did tell me that it was going to dry and peel the skin off. So I definitely think you should moisturize.

VERY BAD. So I'm not surprised it hasn't totally cleared me. I'm just using it with my pills to help out.

Doesn't do anything for scars.

May be it's because you're not moisturizing?

How bad is yours? Are you using it once or twice a day?

i still have a few pimples,but they r not completely gone. i have scars and there are lines when i move my face around because of the dryness and i see white flakes. i try to remove the peeling, but it is hard to peel because it is so tiny.

I'm using it twice a day too but I started using it just once.. to help my skin get used to it.

I use moisturizer only in the morning. So moisturize at least once a day if I were you. You can find some out there that won't break you out.

goodluck biggrin.gif

My derm didn't say anything about using moisturizer but he did tell me to put some sunscreen on. So I prefer Cetaphil with SPF 15 in it.

I've been using benzaclin for about 4-5 months now. I've seen inconsistent results with it. If your skin is feeling itchy or dry from the benzaclin, you might want to consider switching to a lighter, non-medicated face wash. I would definitely recommend that you start moisturizing immediately. Irritation from dryness can definitely cause more acne! I've been there!

From my experience at least, I can tell you that the benzaclin has been most effective when I applied smaller amounts of it as spot treatment. (I use differin at night, then use benzaclin on visible pimples in the morning). It also has been most effective when I've taken a day or two off from the Benzaclin.

One more thing to think about: does your benzaclin smell really weird when you first open the lid? Mine does.