Notifications
Clear all

HELP!! Acne is ruining my grades, career & relationship

MemberMember
(@ihateacnesomuch24)

Posted : 02/25/2018 6:54 pm

Hi Im every new here!
im 18, at uni, healthy sporty and arty guy and Ive been struggling with acne for 6 years and its at its worse and its killing everything I care about and love. Ive been to the doctors a gazillion times and nothing works apart from Nicam (freederm) occasionally however the spots keep coming, bigger, redder, more painful and leaves scaring and pigmentation all over the place. My acne is mostly in the t zone on my face and its pretty bad and also on my back. I know accutane is all the hype but just straight up want to avoid it. Acne is killing my confidence so much and stopping me from doing things which is the worst feeling. Can anyone offer some advice? Has anyone been in this position, what worked for you? Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance!!

Seeker988 liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/25/2018 7:31 pm

Please list everything that you have tired and or how long. This will give you a chance of getting more tailored responses. What is your diet like? activity level? Stress? Rarely is acne just caused by one factor. I feel your frustration as an adult going through it. Keep positive and never give up.

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 03/04/2018 9:39 pm

On 2/25/2018 at 6:54 PM, Ihateacnesomuch24 said:

Hi Im every new here!
im 18, at uni, healthy sporty and arty guy and Ive been struggling with acne for 6 years and its at its worse and its killing everything I care about and love. Ive been to the doctors a gazillion times and nothing works apart from Nicam (freederm) occasionally however the spots keep coming, bigger, redder, more painful and leaves scaring and pigmentation all over the place. My acne is mostly in the t zone on my face and its pretty bad and also on my back. I know accutane is all the hype but just straight up want to avoid it. Acne is killing my confidence so much and stopping me from doing things which is the worst feeling. Can anyone offer some advice? Has anyone been in this position, what worked for you? Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance!!

@Ihateacnesomuch24

hey man, i feel your pain. I am 30 years old and have been dealing with acne for over 15 years. I am a severe/moderate case and it has not stopped me from progressing in life. I even have 2 children and was once married, so dont feel hopeless.

i currently am searching for my acne "cure" and im sure you and I will both find it. I hope you just find it way before you turn my age, so dont give up man!! Stay positive and keep trying/researching...you will find something!