Notifications
Clear all

Starting 800mg of accutane and my skins getting red

MemberMember
(@connor-davidson)

Posted : 02/25/2018 6:29 pm

Now that Im doing another cycle of accutane and after my second month my dermatologist has bumped me up to 800 mg a day. This is the time when my skin has started to get red. Ive preferred it to acne, but I was wondering if there were any products that anyone recommends that will decreases facial redness. I use the acne.org moisturizing and some Burts bees night cream around my mouth and I think Im going to try moisturizing at night. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Should I try wearing sunscreen more frequently? Or look for moisturizers that have an spf?

MemberMember
(@logie)

Posted : 02/28/2018 4:37 pm

Hi, I finished my course (70mg a day) a couple months ago and unfortunately there isnt (or was nothing I found) anything that helps the redness much. I guess I just kinda got used to it and then afterward of course it began to slowly fade. Id just try to ignore it and keep in mind its only for a short period of time. Also Im assuming you mean 80mg rather than 800mg ?

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 02/28/2018 5:03 pm

`

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 02/28/2018 5:31 pm

Depends on what you mean by redness. If you mean basic redness all around your face then I would rather that than white heads or hard red acne bumps. I have two patches of red acne and lingering marks on my top cheeks and the rest of my face is pretty my normal skin tone, so it looks ridiculous with redness on my top cheeks and pale everywhere else.