Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HannahJones

Dermatologist referral UK

I’m here as I’m looking for some advice, I’ve has acne for around 5 years now (I’m 17) and I’ve been back and fourth to my local doctors practice and I’ve been prescribed so many things throughout the past 2 years like zineryt, which worked amazingly for a while but my skin mist have got used to it, then I’ve been on epiduo, Differin etc and right
now I’m using lymecycline anti biotics along with benzoyl peroxide. I’ve been using these since last August and the results were amazing up until recently as I think my skin has just got too ised to
them. So I’m going back to my GP and I want to ask to be referred to a dermatologist but my GP is quite short termpered with me and I feel like he judges me because my acne isn’t THAT bad, but what bothers me is that it’s SO consistent and nothing works :(((( I barely go out anymore and lock myself away in my room and all my friends are out partying every weekend but I’ve just distanced myself so much and I just wan to go on roaccutane and get my acne sorted for good but I don’t think he will refer me :((( what should I do?

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes