Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johny1

just went to the derm today!

im 22 and havent been in years.. anyway he gav me minocyline.. 100 mg twice a day and retnin a micro and some sort of moisturizer ; ) well hoppe it all works i havent had a clear face in years .. so do alot of ppl get that same presciption and do u think it will work.

retin-a micro is nice, it's retin-a but less irritating... i like it a lot. you have to give it time to work though. there's an intial breakout most people get, since it purges your pores. this is true with all retinoids.... i think a lot of why people don't like it is because they don't stick with it, they stop using it during the initial breakout. it usually takes 6-8 weeks to start working consistently. give the minocycline 6-8 weeks to work too, there's no initial breakout with it- it should help curb any initial breakout you might get from the retin-a.

i tried minocycline, it worked very well for acne except it made these weird marks on my body. apparently it's a pretty rare side effect. i've been using retin-a micro and doxycycline for three months now and the antibiotic + retin-a combination has helped my acne quite a lot. good luck, just stick with your routine and give it a chance, it should help =)

I love REtin A micro. It is the only thing that worked for me and yes it did suck the first week that I used it. It has been over 5 weeks and is has done the opposise of destoy my face. My face looks pretty good.

Hey Johny,

You are on the right track. I am sure it will help. It is a good combination. Do not worry about negative comments about Retin A.

Keep in mind that Retin A is accutane in cream form. So it is meaningless for ppl to tell Retin A is useless especially ppl who actually use accutane.

The difference is in the strength of those 2 and the derm makes the call for it based on the severity of the problem. So if your derm gave you Retin A with antibiotic then your job is to stick with it smile.gifsmile.gif

Forgot to add. Retin A will also help reduce marks from previous acne because it makes your skin regenerate faster and do a forced exfoliation. So red marks or shallow pits from previous acne should also hopefully improve...

well iv been on it since friday and no breakout so far.. but its only monday. i use clindamycin in the morning. then use it at night, wait for it to dry then use retin -a. and 200mg of mino a day. mayb i wont have a bad breakout,, eswpecailly since i just had one really bad befopre i went to the derm and i use alot of topicals anyway in the past... i would really like my face to not look to bad for christmas. only 2 weeks away!! that would suck mad.gif