Notifications
Clear all

How to still feel confident with acne

MemberMember
(@calmingsale)

Posted : 02/24/2018 12:40 am

My skin has gotten SOO bad over the last month. It gets worse everyday and nothing I do seems to work. I cant even look in the mirror anymore without feeling like crying. I dont go out anymore because I feel like everyone is staring. I dont want to go back to school. What do I do?!

MemberMember
(@leperednome2)

Posted : 02/24/2018 3:34 am

See a dermatologist, drink plenty of water, avoid greasy food s, wash your sheets and pillow cases every week, and DO NOT pick at it you will end up like me with permanent scars all over your face. And if your doing all that then all you can do is give it time. You will find that looks are not everything while going through this, you may learn more about yourself, and who your real friends are along the way. I wish you the best from someone who feels your pain. Try not to overthink it. Too much thinking is never a good thing.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 02/24/2018 4:40 am

As above. During your early teens up until early 20s acne is common; even mid 20s.

As my mum tells me, you won't have it forever, so don't be foolish and pick at deep acne..which I have done and don't recommend, if you must just white heads which are ready.

Try a mixture of vitamins. I've found that my acne has lessened and wounds heal faster. But it doesn't seem to be a cure.

talk to you derm about solutions, Accutane is always there if needed. Good luck

MemberMember
(@marilu)

Posted : 02/26/2018 4:27 am

If someone says something rude about your acne, don't indulge them. Someone commenting on your skin says way more about that person than it does about you. And that someone is a total jerk.