Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
max_

accutane-brain cell death and malfunctioning cells

Please read this before taking accutane. Accutane has a direct effect on the brain nerve-cells- cell death, partly malfunctioning cells and altered gene-expression. and should not be used. Permanent side-effects are present in all accutane patients.

Follow this link, and read the entire link (some information come as late posts):

http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/davec//index...5825080&start=0

www.roaccutaneaction.com

We get the point Max, you're anti-accutane. Enough with the scare tactics. Anyone who takes Accutane knows the risks, Accutane can actually SAVE lives.

Please read this before taking accutane. Accutane has a direct effect on the brain nerve-cells- cell death, partly malfunctioning cells and altered gene-expression. and should not be used. Permanent side-effects are present in all accutane patients.

Follow this link, and read the entire link (some information come as late posts):

http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/davec//index...5825080&start=0

www.roaccutaneaction.com

BS I have been off it for two and half years and I am in the best shape of my life. I get a physical every year in the military and pass with flying colors. Accutane was the best thing I ever took for my acne. I read all the side effects that were "short term" before I took it. People get scared off it to easy.

Ok, listen, we appreciate that you're trying to "inform" people. But you know what? Many of us have had scarring acne that affected us so deeply. This may not have been the best choice (the accutane), but at the time, it was our only choice. So, please, enough with the paranoia ok? Please. I'm asking you nicely. You obviously haven't suffered the way we have or else you wouldn't be taking our only hope away.

Bad acne can CAUSE major depression which can cause dementia if untreated and THAT can damage the brain. Accutane may or may not mess up some people but seriously, youre getting your info from one main source that's clearly accutane. Accutane is MUCH safer than long term antibiotics and having bad cysts and deep facial scars for life. Accutane is actually being researched as an ANTI-cancer treatment.

gimmie a break, a lot of things have side effects, you think we all took accutane thinking it was side effect free? Puleeeease. I wish I took accutane sooner. I wish I never ate f*ckin' soy. I wish this I wish that. The only long term effects i have are from the acne and soy, as for accutane, shit, all I got was dry skin and some fatigue and sun sensitivity and I thought THIS is what the big hub bub was about I had way worse effects from antibiotics and skin cream

Oh yeah, I graduated with honors from college AFTER taking accutane and speak several languages. Maybe I had IQ points to spare hahha but no drooling dementia yet (knock on wood), and it's been 7 years

Those are side effects sure enough, but the company has to list every single side effect for insurance purposes. That means that that side effect may only occur to .00000001% of people who take it so chill out. I only have 2 more weeks of accutane and it's going great so stfu and don't discourage those who need it and want it. This world needs less people like you. This is like saying you can break your neck walking off a sidewalk. It's true, but shit happens, but what are the odds?

If you take any medicine there is a chance that something bad can happen. Tylenol can cause severe liver damage. Aleve can cause congestive heart failure and depression- just to name a few. EVERY medicine has some kind of side effect, but that doesn’t mean it will effect you.

wow man, you need to find yourself a girl or something, and if you HAVE a girl, well you better look into another one whos gonna get you laid more often. YOU HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS. at least put that time to good use in doing something POSITIVE, instead of propagating your negative bullshit over these forums, which are meant for OBJECTIVE information and SUPPORT.

those of us who have gone on accutane have done so on PERSONAL CHOICE, meaning we realize and accept the fact that it is possible to experience side effects, both short term and long term, both known and unknown. for some of us, the psychological suffering associated with acne and (potential) acne scarring makes taking this drug WORTH it. and honestly, if any life threatening/serious adverse effects were consistently proven, accutane would be pulled off the market faster than vioxx was a few weeks ago. until the fda pulls accutane, im gonna consider all of your negativity nothing more than theories and conjecture.

some other things to keep in mind: accutane is used to treat CANCER, i came across the web page of this little girl: http://www.paigerutter.com/, who fought a year long battle with neuroblastoma, and ACCUTANE, was one of the drugs of choice during her treatment.

additionally, as someone already pointed out, ALL DRUGS HAVE SIDE-EFFECTS THAT CAN BE POTENTIALLY HARMFUL. just to give you a small example of this, i googled "side effects of sinutab". sinutab was the first random drug that came to mind, and obviously its indicated for relief of sinus pain. anyways, this is what i came up with..

Side-effects:

Paracetamol:

Sensitivity reactions resulting in skin rash, laryngeal oedema, angioedema and anaphylaxis have been reported rarely. Blood disorders such as neutropenia and thrombocytopenia have also been reported rarely.

Phenylpropanolamine Hydrochloride:

Phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride may cause giddiness, headache, nausea, vomiting, sweating, thirst, tachycardia, precordial pain, palpitations, difficulty in micturition, muscular weakness and tremors, anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, fear, confusion, irritability, weakness and psychotic states. Hypertension and ventricular arrhythmias may occur. Appetite may be reduced.

Vasoconstriction with resultant hypertension. This rise in blood pressure may produce cerebral haemorrhage and pulmonary oedema. There may also be a reflex bradycardia, but stimulation of beta-1 adrenergic receptors of the heart may produce tachycardia and cardiac arrhythmias, anginal pain, palpitations and cardiac arrest. Hypotension with dizziness and fainting and flushing may occur.

Urinary retention, dyspnoea, altered metabolism, including disturbances of glucose metabolism, sweating and hypersalivation.

Phenyltoloxamine Citrate:

The most common side-effects are sedation, varying from slight drowsiness to deep sleep, and includes the inability to concentrate, lassitude, dizziness, hypotension, muscular weakness and inco-ordination. Other side-effects include gastro-intestinal disturbances such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or constipation, and epigastric pain. Headache, blurred vision, tinnitus, elation or depression, irritability, nightmares, anorexia, difficulty in micturition, dryness of the mouth, tightness of the chest, and tingling, heaviness and weakness of the hands may occur.

Allergy may occur. Blood dyscrasias, including agranulocytosis and haemolytic anaemia may occur.

Large doses may precipitate fits in epileptics.

well, i think ive wasted all the time i really want to on you. but there is something that needs to be said again..shut the fuck up! (kudos to you GO wink.gif the tane is gonna clear us both up amazingly! cant wait for the new year, woo!)

You all will be amazed when the news about how accutane works come out to the public. Destructively is an understatment.

/Max

Is there a way to stop this max guy from posting to this board. Can the moderator or webmaster block his computer IP from the site, or something like that

Looks to me he posts these things frequently with the same information and it not only wastes our time but also consumes the resources for this site...

it's like all those stuff in the commercial...

for example, the allergy medicine. The side effects may include dry eyes, vomiting, diahrrea, headache...

Never happened to me. So why in the world would Accutane do anything like that huh?

When I asked my doctor about Accutane, she was like: Your skin is not bad enough. Plus, Accutane is not always safe. It can cause depression, bierh defects, blah blah blah

Uh...EXCUSE ME??? Why would I come to you, asking for a miracle if I wasn't in a huge depression??? B*tch...

And do I look like I'm going to have sex with someone with this stupid skin, or do I look stupid enough to have an unsafe sex?? huh?

Replies:

No, I have suffered, both from severe acne, and especially from Accutane-side-effects.

I do not inform you because it is fun, simply because I wish I had the information when I took this drug, but I hadn´t. There were researches out on for example Pub Med, but I did´t scan through the entire scientifical litterature.

By now, each year, even more is known about the drug.

There is a difference between being "smart" educated or whatever and to TRUST people. I trusted both the company selling the drug, the health authorities that let them sell it and my dermatologist. That was my mistake in this case.

However, banning me for sharing scientifical information, that give you a trully better knowledge about the risks that you take, that is ridicoulous.

With all respect, but there is a truth in this matter.

If you read my thread, understand the researches I´ve put there, you will know. And if you want to destroy your brain and are underage you should be stopped by law. If you still want to take it you are probably suicidal, and need antidepressive treatment, as well as you are likely to need it after accutane.

It is directly harmful, just get it.

/Max

There is a difference between being "smart" educated or whatever and to TRUST people. I trusted both the company selling the drug, the health authorities that let them sell it and my dermatologist. That was my mistake in this case.

/Max

How long has Accutane been on the market? I know I have heard since the 70's, so even if it does cause a side affect such as that, it's taken around 30 years to discover it, and a countless people have taken it...meaning? So what if it has that side affect, that has got to be some astronomical percentage of that stuff happening to a person. If you have regrets from taking Accutane because of something that probably happen 1/1000 of a % of the time...then I am sorry you are just pansy.

Guest Craigems

max go play a game or somehting coz seriously your boredom is not very constructive on these boards. Its falling on deaf ears and those that go on Accutane dont need to be reminded how dangerous it is thats for a doctor to tell us not some bored young chap who probrably has issues which are probably un-related to Accutane anyways.