Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PrettyInside

Liquid foundation for covering nodulocystic (aka cystic) acne?

Can anyone suggest a non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic liquid foundation that I may try? I'm looking for advice from others who have nodulocystic acne and have found useful products to help cover it.

I typically shy away from medicated foundation, since I wear topical medication during the day (benzoyl peroxide 2.5% gel) and at night (Differin 0.1%). I may switch back to applying a sulfur-based drying lotion beneath my makeup, since BP isn't the best idea to have on the face if spending time outdoors.

I'll be taking a vacation this spring and wanting to (at least somewhat) cover my cystic acne, PIH and rolling scars during the trip. So far, Google searches on "non-comedogenic liquid foundation" and "least comedogenic foundation" only reveal vapid articles supported by "reliable" sources, such as fashion magazines. (It's obvious that most of them offer product placement, rather than unbiased reviews.)

I know that I break out worse from Revlon's Colorstay oil-free foundation, which I had to give up. I more recently have been using Almay's Truly Lasting Color. (My main complaint is that it doesn't offer enough shades, so I'm blending two of them and still not getting a great skin-tone match.)

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes