Notifications
Clear all

Subcission+two+weeks+ago

MemberMember
(@dan88)

Posted : 02/20/2018 2:08 am

Hi guys, I'm dan from London. Need you guys to give me some advice because I'm seriously at a low point in my life! 

so I have rolling scars on cheeks and ice pick on my temples. After summer 17 seeing my scars on holiday so much in the light I needed to do something, so I'm September 17 I went and got subcission with restylane fillers. Now this was done so bad by a doctor called dr Renee from the non surgical clinic in London. I knew it went bad as when she was doing subcission using the injection needle they kept snapping and she had to change it about 4 times, then injected restylane. After it all healed i thought it looked worse, I could see the doughnut effect al over where she never sibcised properly. When I went back 6 weeks later she said I was wrong because you can't get doughnut effect with restylane! So skip to 5 months later to two weeks ago went to see dr chu in Chiswick London. He done dermapen subcission and tca cross. Now the subcission seemed like it went good, using he Nokor I think it's called. Tca cross was rubbish as he did it too fast and missed a lot of the ice picks and places it on the sides of them. So now two weeks later after the swellings gone the scars have gone back to normal. I'm at a loss what to do! Dr chu does not recommend filler which I'm baffled as to why every other too derm does on real self. Do I go for another subcission in 6 weeks or is it pointless. I feel like the scars just re attach! And he should of done tca on my temple which he never touched, only done subcission there. Sorry for the long message, really hope someone takes the time to read it and offer some help.
1st two are before anything, 2nd two are after light subcission and filler, 3rd two are straight after heavy subcission, last two after now two week after subcision.IMG_2570.PNGIMG_2569.PNG
IMG_2572.PNGIMG_2573.PNGIMG_2574.PNGIMG_2575.PNGIMG_2576.PNGIMG_2577.PNG

MemberMember
(@dan88)

Posted : 02/20/2018 3:10 am

Hi guys, I'm dan from London. Need you guys to give me some advice because I'm seriously at a low point in my life! 

so I have rolling scars on cheeks and ice pick on my temples. After summer 17 seeing my scars on holiday so much in the light I needed to do something, so I'm September 17 I went and got subcission with restylane fillers. Now this was done so bad by a doctor called dr Renee from the non surgical clinic in London. I knew it went bad as when she was doing subcission using the injection needle they kept snapping and she had to change it about 4 times, then injected restylane. After it all healed i thought it looked worse, I could see the doughnut effect al over where she never sibcised properly. When I went back 6 weeks later she said I was wrong because you can't get doughnut effect with restylane! So skip to 5 months later to two weeks ago went to see dr chu in Chiswick London. He done dermapen subcission and tca cross. Now the subcission seemed like it went good, using he Nokor I think it's called. Tca cross was rubbish as he did it too fast and missed a lot of the ice picks and places it on the sides of them. So now two weeks later after the swellings gone the scars have gone back to normal. I'm at a loss what to do! Dr chu does not recommend filler which I'm baffled as to why every other too derm does on real self. Do I go for another subcission in 6 weeks or is it pointless. I feel like the scars just re attach! And he should of done tca on my temple which he never touched, only done subcission there. Sorry for the long message, really hope someone takes the time to read it and offer some help.
1st two are before anything, 2nd two are after light subcission and filler, 3rd two are straight after heavy subcission, last two after now two week after subcision.IMG_2570.PNGIMG_2569.PNG
IMG_2572.PNGIMG_2573.PNGIMG_2574.PNGIMG_2575.PNGIMG_2576.PNGIMG_2577.PNG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/20/2018 4:13 am

MemberMember
(@dan88)

Posted : 02/20/2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for your reply mate, can I ask you a couple questions.
firstly, can I start doing suction now, two weeks after I had subcission or have I missed the cut off point.
secondly, can I go and get filler now, two weeks after subcision or should I have got the filler the same day as subcission. Like will the filler still sit under the scars now or will it most probably have re tethered by now.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/20/2018 2:29 pm

IT's too late, wait for your next treatment. No you don't want to fill the same day, you fill when the swelling goes down a bit so you can see scars, if it's longer than a week is probably to long, ... it depends how long you swell, different for everyone. If he did prp might be a littlebit longer.

Itwill doughnut now if it's tethered. Do it next time, have to subcise a few times anyways right. Not a loss.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/20/2018 3:04 pm

Watching Lim with his sibcision/filler videos, doesn't he do them both on the same day?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/20/2018 3:19 pm

@ScarRight

No as long as its not tethered you can goto 2 different Drs / or Nurse Med Spa - after Sub. What if the doctor does not provide filler, or the doctor is too expensive for filler, or he's not that good of a injector. You then can goto a second provider, re - tethering is different for everyone. Typically if you have not re-tethered you can get injected elsewhere as I stated above. IT also can be bad to inject someone with alot of swelling, ... why might you ask. They cannot see where to place the filler and many get bumps because the doctor cannot just how much you need - especially those with thinner skin. Hence this goes hand in hand with my advice, wait till the swelling goes down and get injected. Lim can inject under swelling & he also can subcise - does both. Many even good doctors cannot. Once the swelling goes down a bit then you inject (does not need to be fully gone). You know where the scars are you want filled. Of course one provider is better but many have various reasons why that's not possible or are traveling far distances. Doctors can subcise where you have been filled if you doughnut during another session.

MemberMember
(@dan88)

Posted : 02/21/2018 1:33 am

The thing with dr chu he's basically the only derm in London that does these procedures. TBH I'm not that impressed with him, the day of my treatment I was in and out, no before pics, no talk about any side effects even tho I knew most of them from being on here 24/7 the last year lol it was so rushed, he has so many people in and out all day. He rushed the tca cross when dr lim says it should be done very carefully, honestly when I looked in the mirror some of the frosting was not even inside he scar but next to it and he said yea it's fine it heals all of it. Well that's not what I've read the last year! He kept wiping my face with a wet sponge after each dab of cross. There was no scabbing, I couldn't even tell you where he crossed as it done nothing.
Im gonna go back next week for a cross on my temples, because of work and the fact I've a son which takes up a lot of time, what's the healing time for tca cross? After the frosting and scabbing when will it look like I haven't had anything done?

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/21/2018 2:24 am

Well Dan88, if you do not feel comfortable with a doctor, please go and see someone else. If I felt that way about someone who is performing something as important as scar revision, I would look elsewhere. The fact that someone rushes and doesn't answer questions fully is a massive red flag for me. There must be another decent derm in a city as large as London.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/21/2018 2:35 am

57 minutes ago, Dan88 said:

Im gonna go back next week for a cross on my temples, because of work and the fact I've a son which takes up a lot of time, what's the healing time for tca cross? After the frosting and scabbing when will it look like I haven't had anything done?

Your pictures are a bit fuzzy and I can't exactly tell what scars you have on the temple. But they look more boxcar than icepick (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, if they are in fact boxcar, you should get filler like Voluma or Sculptra. I personally suggest Sculptra since it helps build collagen. Also it's more cost effective because as time goes, you'll need less and less filler.

MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 02/21/2018 5:32 am

@Dan88 I had the same procedures with you before 2 weeks.He did the same thing to me with tca cross and subcision(fast tca and subcision without direct light and from different angles).About tca cross,i dont know if it has to be so quick(5-10 sec on me),but I dont think he is stupid(I hope so) after all his experience and the patients he treated.I still have some lumps on temples, forehead and hematoma near eyes.I will go for filler in 1-2 days and then I ll try tca cross at home.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/21/2018 5:59 am

@Dan88You get what you pay for. Emil does cost more money (Denmark) but from the reports I hear he is meticulous & spends more time, of course he is paid to do so. @EagleEvacan talk about that. Sadly in Europe / The EU there are few Drs who perform subcision so I am told. Several have searched in their Cities and not had any luck and travel to these 2 doctors. I am sure there are others out there who perform subcision, I just have not heard about them.

PM me if you need help

MemberMember
(@eva_li)

Posted : 02/21/2018 8:32 am

Regarding Emil: consultation was about 30 mins. actual subcision around 20-25mins? But I had only around 7-8 scars subcised.

Regarding Chu: A member with whom I message privately told me he spent 4 hours at Chu? He did sub + tca cross +dermapen. Definitely gave an impression Chu took his time with the consultation and the treatment.
I am confused now.
Is there a chance he is less rushed with "overseas" patients since they travelled abroad to see him?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/21/2018 9:11 am

@EagleEva
@tasinhooooJust traveled to him from Greece and said he was very rushed on cross. @Dan88Said something similar above. Cross is easy to find more places than Sub. Chu is definitely cheaper. He was Emil's teacher FYI, hence the burn out thing I mentioned might have happend or the low price point so more treatments are needed. I would call his office per treatment and check if you wish or call him out on it if you don't feel he's covering it well. Offer to pay more, haha, if he treats the others. Did Emil used angled lighting to check?@tasinhoooo
Said this was not done on him with Chu. @Dan88Did he do angled lighting on you and check for scars, pinch the skin, etc... Chu is very experienced I just think he does low cost treatment and wants you to do more of them, I think he is a fair Dr, possibly rushed with too many patients - time is money for them.

4 Hours seems ridiculous, I have never ever had that much attention unless I am spending thousands and in a operating room. Sub can be done in 20 mins, cross can be quick if they know where the spots are, microneedling is supper quick. PRP takes some time. I would ask for everything to be done, sounds like you get a longer and better treatment. For that cheap price the prp is worth it. @tasinhooooDid not have all the things performed. @Dan88Did you have prp injections?

MemberMember
(@eva_li)

Posted : 02/21/2018 9:44 am

Yeah, thanks I m following :)

The  4 hours member was someone else, dont know if he wished to remain private but it was 4 hours including one hour in private with a numbing cream etc :) However, the point is he says Chu was not being rushed with him.

Nope, Emil did not use angled lightning. the oberhead lighnting, however, was harsh enough.
he however really took his time to check for the tethered scars by instructing me to smile, animate etc

MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 02/21/2018 2:19 pm

I was on that centre for 4 hours too.I was waiting until he finish other patients,25-30 min break between subcision(left and right part of face) and 25-30 after subcision for tca cross.Ijust asked here if someone knows, how much time should tca cross stay on scars.He left it for 5-10 sec.I want to say that,Dr Chu gave attention on my scars(touch,move etc) before treatment(during our consultation)and he did subcision like @EagleEva mentioned for dr Emil.

MemberMember
(@dan88)

Posted : 02/21/2018 4:30 pm

What exactly happened with me was this....
a nurse put numbing cream on me and I went and sat in the waiting room for nearly hour and a half. Dr chu came in and I laid on on the bed with a lamp over my face if that's what angled lighting is. I had dermapen, then he put I think ice packs on cheeks then he went to another room to do someone else. He came back 20 mins later and done subcision which took about 15,20 min. I felt a lot of pain as I don't think the anaesthetic kicked in properly. Even when I was saying to him I can feel pain mate lol he didn't answer. Then he dabbed the tca but kept wiping me with a wet cloth, so I'm not sure that effected the tca because I never scabbed. His tca was not great, outside of the scars not inside the pits. I didn't have any prp for reasons I don't know. I'm going to get filler put in tomorrow on my temple as it's really effecting my confidence, hopefully it may not have tethered as strong so she can do it. I'll ask her if she can check with the injection needle first if it's re tethered. I'll leave my cheeks till next round of subcission then get filler done about 5 days later.

MemberMember
(@eva_li)

Posted : 02/21/2018 7:21 pm

@Dan88But u had local aenesthesia, right?

MemberMember
(@dan88)

Posted : 02/21/2018 10:39 pm

Yea

MemberMember
(@runawayspaceship)

Posted : 02/22/2018 5:10 am

Wow. Your scars don't look too bad. You should see mine. Awful. Was the first doctor "Renee" really a doctor? The subsiciion needle is supposed to be a little flat at the end not just a plain old injecting needle. I am still confused by TCA+ subsicion. Do they do both at the same time? Subcision then TCA cross? Don't the skin need a little time to heal before doing the acid? I know subcision is just cutting the scar tissue between the epidermis and dermis and shouldn't affect TCA. I am just not sure if they do both or not.

From what I saw on Youtube. It seems you need 3+ TCA treatments before you see results and that can take weeks.

MemberMember
(@runawayspaceship)

Posted : 02/22/2018 5:16 am

12 hours ago, Dan88 said:

What exactly happened with me was this....
a nurse put numbing cream on me and I went and sat in the waiting room for nearly hour and a half. Dr chu came in and I laid on on the bed with a lamp over my face if that's what angled lighting is. I had dermapen, then he put I think ice packs on cheeks then he went to another room to do someone else. He came back 20 mins later and done subcision which took about 15,20 min. I felt a lot of pain as I don't think the anaesthetic kicked in properly. Even when I was saying to him I can feel pain mate lol he didn't answer. Then he dabbed the tca but kept wiping me with a wet cloth, so I'm not sure that effected the tca because I never scabbed. His tca was not great, outside of the scars not inside the pits. I didn't have any prp for reasons I don't know. I'm going to get filler put in tomorrow on my temple as it's really effecting my confidence, hopefully it may not have tethered as strong so she can do it. I'll ask her if she can check with the injection needle first if it's re tethered. I'll leave my cheeks till next round of subcission then get filler done about 5 days later.

Your doctor seems kind of bad, hate to say it. Watching Dr. Lim on YT and others, they are supposed to fill the pits not outside of it. PRP helps you heal faster, like within a few days versus a week. It's not necessary but helps with the healing process. PRP stands for platelet rich plasma. Basically the serum with all the natural growth factors etc that activate immune pathways to help bring other cells to come heal the area (at least molecular bio was good for something finally).

MemberMember
(@runawayspaceship)

Posted : 02/22/2018 5:26 am

On 2/21/2018 at 9:11 AM, beautifulambition said:

@EagleEva
@tasinhooooJust traveled to him from Greece and said he was very rushed on cross. @Dan88Said something similar above. Cross is easy to find more places than Sub. Chu is definitely cheaper. He was Emil's teacher FYI, hence the burn out thing I mentioned might have happend or the low price point so more treatments are needed. I would call his office per treatment and check if you wish or call him out on it if you don't feel he's covering it well. Offer to pay more, haha, if he treats the others. Did Emil used angled lighting to check?@tasinhoooo
Said this was not done on him with Chu. @Dan88Did he do angled lighting on you and check for scars, pinch the skin, etc... Chu is very experienced I just think he does low cost treatment and wants you to do more of them, I think he is a fair Dr, possibly rushed with too many patients - time is money for them.

4 Hours seems ridiculous, I have never ever had that much attention unless I am spending thousands and in a operating room. Sub can be done in 20 mins, cross can be quick if they know where the spots are, microneedling is supper quick. PRP takes some time. I would ask for everything to be done, sounds like you get a longer and better treatment. For that cheap price the prp is worth it. @tasinhooooDid not have all the things performed. @Dan88Did you have prp injections?

How many TCA treatments are they supposed to get?

On 2/20/2018 at 4:13 AM, beautifulambition said:
  • To recap You need 3-4 total subcisions with filler. Otherwise you do Chinese cupping at home (amazon) for 3 weeks after.

-How many weeks in between each subcision? What does Chinese cupping do? My aunts do this at home to get the circulation going LOL, not for acne treatment.

• RF microneedling would help you, ... many brands including infini, secret, intracel, intensif, vivance, etc... you space these around your subcisions and filler when it runs out.

RF is what sending radio waves when doing needling at the same time to help with the healing process?

• TCA Cross you do this many times to raise the scar bed so things are more level.

I am going to look this up more on the DIY thread but how many times when you mean many?
Thanks for the long posts you provide. I enjoy reading them. Heck if this works out, I might go into derm in 3 years myself.

[Media removed]

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/22/2018 6:15 am

@RunawayspaceshipI answered your post you made about treatment. TCA peels for light to medium strength peels you need several of them. They are done last for texture instead of laser. Once you subcise and fill and do your rf needling and tca cross. IT's the final step. Some do upkeep once a year with them. But I would think at least 4-6. Since I saw you mentioned DR Lim he does fully ablative erbium laser instead but it's expensive and there aren't many doctors who do that like him (his specialty). Peels are easy enough to find or you can do them at home. See the FAQ I linked in your other post.

MemberMember
(@dan88)

Posted : 02/22/2018 2:30 pm

Update,
i seem a derm today who used filler on my temple. She used juverderm I think, and she used the whole tube of it, now I hope she didn't overfill as it could look worse but she reckons it will look good once the swelling has gone down. She also said she could it feel it tethered down which means it hasn't re tethered yet nealry 3 weeks after subcision. image.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/22/2018 3:12 pm

Do filler cause swelling like that? Hopefully the results are good in a few days time.