Notifications
Clear all

Filler on Temples

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 02/18/2018 9:22 pm

Hi,

there is the risk to get blind cause of fillers. The temple area is such a dangerous part.
What alternatives would you advise instead of filler in this area?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 02/19/2018 2:03 am

I'm a bit curious of this as well.1/2 of my scars are on my temples. If I could just get subcision + filler and be done I'd be thrilled.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2018 3:22 am

Forehead and temples if you don't want to do filler or you dorctor will not do it.
Options: Subcision + Botox as a spacer, just saline, prp, orCupping.
RF Microneedling
Peels or "fully" abaltive erbium resurfacing.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/19/2018 6:11 am

Would something Infini rf be effective for forehead scars? I have always thought doing subcision in this area would be a bit tricky.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2018 7:33 am

Yes any of the above are option. Do as much or as little as you can handle and have down time / $$$$ for. We all heal differently. So if something is not working there are other options. Temples react well to infini too.

MemberMember
(@ihateacnesomuch123)

Posted : 02/19/2018 12:46 pm

Would the temples respond to suctioning after subcision if no filler is done there? @beautifulambition

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/19/2018 1:26 pm

28 minutes ago, ihateacnesomuch123 said:

Would the temples respond to suctioning after subcision if no filler is done there? @beautifulambition

Here's the problem with the temple (and the forehead). There's just not enough cushion underneath. That is, it has the least amount of collagen in the face. On the other hand, the cheeks have plenty of cushion and they respond really well to all sorts of treatment. Hence, more collagen there is, the better the outcome of the treatment.

Having said that, suctioning is done in order to prevent the scar from being anchored to the floor (eg. re-tethering). But that's only when you get some good result from the treatment. If the scars don't respond to treatment in the first place, no matter how much you suction, it won't help. So what can you do? You would need to either grow some fat or add cushion. Filler-wise, Sculptra (which stimulates collagen) is one possible solution.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic. I'm just speaking from experience. Have done subcision, Infini, and dermarolling/pen and have seen the least improvement in the forehead and temple.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 02/19/2018 2:00 pm

@Sirius Lee Did you have subcision + filler on your temple?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2018 2:32 pm

It all depends where the filler is placed, Sculptra can be ok in the Temples.

I would not put filler in the forehead for many reasons and especially not Sculptra - you cannot dissolve it if something goes wrong. I have seen Emer Use permanent PMMA aka Bellafill here but permanent filler equals permanent problems especially in the forehead. What if it moves, or lumps - bumps - infection. Always do natural HA first before you look for more permanent solutions. What many doctors do is subcision here w/ prp as a spacer, saline, or botox and saline work rather well to stop the forehead from moving and reduce the scars becoming worse.

The reason being the skin is too thin, the area is full of veins and arteries even leading to the eyes. Sculptra needs to be injected deep, so this isn't a good idea, or you could get nodules or serious issues.  Sculptra is normally used  in the temples and cheeks ... only for major fat deficiency with Fat being better - but costly and unpredictable (top ups).

HA filler is always better as it's reversible. IF your worried about longevity get Voluma (cheeks). You of course cannot do this in the forehead so here it must be either a soft filler injected superficially which few will do (anatomy - vasculature is superficial and easier to hit here) .

You can of course do Chinese cupping here if the area depresses again after subcision. Forehead is always in motion so botox is necessary with filler as you could move the injection (muscles - Frontalis etc...). Infini can work well on temples and the forehead with subcision (materials as stated above). Peels also work for the texture or fully ablative laser.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 02/19/2018 2:52 pm

@beautifulambition Sorry to hijack. I know you've responded to a bunch of my questions and I appreciate that a lot. I plan on doing something very similar to what you recommended. I've done a fair amount of research but it seems everywhere I look I see different things.

Are the temples overall a safe place to treat with subcision + filler? I've heard about blindness, arteries, etc.

Seems like everywhere I look I see different locations for arteries/veins in the temple area. My scars are for the most part closer to the front of my temples (near the eyes).

I plan on seeing Novick so I'm sure he's aware of everything that can go wrong. Do you think he would make sure 100% that there were no major issues? I'm just trying to be cautious before I move forward.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2018 3:03 pm

We have had some really good results with just subcision and saline and or Chinese cupping w/ infini and no filler in the temples. You can do filler in the temples but I find you need botox as the muscle there, there can be bumps (it's thin) so the injector must be really good. Don't worry about the blindness bit if your going to a legitimate expert injector. Aren't you going to Novick - he is. He can inject you safely. Ask him what he recommends after feeling your skin - etc.

HA is dissolvable, so it's safe if something happens you can fix the problem. This happens so rarely. Its the permanent fillers you have to be careful with.

You will be fine, it's Novick.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 02/19/2018 7:06 pm

@beautifulambition Thank you, this definitely gives me confidence. Assuming I can get the time Novick is my top choice atm.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/19/2018 8:50 pm

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

I would not put filler in the forehead for many reasons and especially not Sculptra...

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Sculptra is normally used  in the temples and cheeks ... only for major fat deficiency with Fat being better - but costly and unpredictable (top ups).

For clarification, my answer was in regards to the temples and not the forehead since that was what was asked of. 

8 hours ago, ihateacnesomuch123 said:

Would the temples respond to suctioning after subcision if no filler is done there?

6 hours ago, thepwhisp said:
@Sirius Lee  Did you have subcision + filler on your temple?  

No, just subcision.