Notifications
Clear all

What kind of scar type is this?

MemberMember
(@scarboy12)

Posted : 02/18/2018 9:18 pm

Hey. 21 year old. What kind of scar is this and how can i treat those? My derm told i couldnt do laser beacuse of the skin color/HIP.

Snapchat-1364508192 (1).jpgSnapchat-1492653590.jpg
Snapchat-347761539.jpgSnapchat-1633374982.jpg

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 02/18/2018 10:58 pm

i think these are rolling scars..but the good thing is that this is most easily treatable scars..good luck

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2018 3:36 am

Goto another derm, ... that means he is not familiar with your skin type. Looking at your pics your skin color is not that dark. Any treatment you do I would use a skin lightening cream or bleaching cream with ingredients like hydroquinone or albutin, also retin a or tretinorin, in the USA we have Differin at Target OTC at night. You will do this 3 weeks before any treatment to avoid pigment issues. Then heal and do it again after.

Regarding your surface/textural rolling scars.
* Subcision can be done on some with filler, or Chinese cupping (Amazon). 3 treatments.
* RF microneedling Various brands: secret, infini, intracel, intensif, vivance can be found at drs and med spas. You will need 3 of these spaced around your subcision. Or You can do CO2 at 1% density and high power, this avoids the pigmentation issues on ethnic skin.
*Finally You will need TCA peels several or erbium fully ablative resurfacing.

Checkout the FAQ for more info especially subcision and tca peels (There is a link in there).

[Link removed]

MemberMember
(@scarboy12)

Posted : 02/20/2018 6:06 pm

On 2/19/2018 at 3:36 AM, beautifulambition said:

Goto another derm, ... that means he is not familiar with your skin type. Looking at your pics your skin color is not that dark. Any treatment you do I would use a skin lightening cream or bleaching cream with ingredients like hydroquinone or albutin, also retin a or tretinorin, in the USA we have Differin at Target OTC at night. You will do this 3 weeks before any treatment to avoid pigment issues. Then heal and do it again after.

Regarding your surface/textural rolling scars.
* Subcision can be done on some with filler, or Chinese cupping (Amazon). 3 treatments.
* RF microneedling Various brands: secret, infini, intracel, intensif, vivance can be found at drs and med spas. You will need 3 of these spaced around your subcision. Or You can do CO2 at 1% density and high power, this avoids the pigmentation issues on ethnic skin.
*Finally You will need TCA peels several or erbium fully ablative resurfacing. 

Checkout the FAQ for more info especially subcision and tca peels (There is a link in there).

[Link Removed]

Thanks guys :)

Im from Pakistan btw. (Maybe thats why he said that)