Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toni94

Dermaneedling+TCA together...good idea?

I'm going to order a derminator device and also TCA 25% to treat my acne scars at home. My idea was to dermaneedle my face and then wait a month and have a TCA peeling. Then I would repeat the cycle until my scars look better. However I'm thinking of having both in one session, first the peeling and then the derminator session. That way I'll be able to have both treatments every month rather than every two months. Also, I guess that by using both at the same time the effects will be better as the acid will reach deeper or the derma needling will have better effects.

Is that dangerous? Has any of you had these two treatments in one day? I'm not going to have TCA cross, only peeling+derminator.

Thanks?

Edited by Toni94

Definitely do NOT do them on the same day, or even within the same week. This would be dangerous and harmful to your skin. Do one each month. 

Alternate them like adviced,would wait more like 6 weeks if you needle thoroughly and do a good medium depth peel,then wait 6 weeks healing,you will benefit from healing.

hello petsme!
:)

54 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

Alternate them like adviced,would wait more like 6 weeks if you needle thoroughly and do a good medium depth peel,then wait 6 weeks healing,you will benefit from healing.

hello petsme!
:)

Heyyyy hehe :) I've been MIA because I started medschool this semester! Excited to start my scar treatment journey soon though! But yeah, I agree- the more rough you are with your skin, the longer you should wait!! There is no point in introducing even more damage

1 hour ago, Petsme said:

Definitely do NOT do them on the same day, or even within the same week. This would be dangerous and harmful to your skin. Do one each month. 

2 weeks interval seems to achieve excellent results with 15 %. 1 month may be overkill. 

I am familiar with that article, but there is a huge difference between 15% TCA and 25% TCA. Also, you must remember that those results were achieved in a lab-setting where things are carefully controlled and sterilized. The doctors are familiar with how skin should respond and would be able to react quickly to any dangerous side effects that appear. Someone at home would not have the same expertise.

I do like that study, however, and I do agree with the results they were able to achieve. 

We are NOT doctors here. The OP wants to do this at home and this must be considered.  Keep things simple for the best outcome. You find out what works for you.You can mess up your face. Making needle channels into the dermis provides a pathway for all kinds of things to go wrong. Including Edema, Infection, Inflammation leading to further scarring, allergy reactions / dermatitis. Sure a doctor can stack 4 procedures at once. The question is should he do this. The body is exceptionally slow to heal taking 6 months for collagen to develop. Products, perfumes, dyes, and topicals were never meant to be placed inside the dermis. This is really a un-smart thing to do.

What if something goes wrong... Your driving acid into the dermis (peels are meant to treat the upper dermis / epidermis, not to be driven deep into the skin) . What if you hypopigment (loose pigment) then what will you do, or hyperpigment. What if your acid has other ingredients mixed in, ... they often do. Don't complain to the forum when their is complications because one tried to do what a small study said in a controlled environment with expert doctors. 

This is why you test spot and see how the acid reacts in a tiny area first. Most microneedling manufactures including owndoc will tell you not to combine treatments, email them if you don't believe me.

These items (topicals) were never designed to be sterile and injected into the skin. Pure HA serum is fine, when needling.

Members here have tried the microneedling and acid (Same time) and had issues. Having to goto the doctor with complications. Do you really want to add complexity to something like this. IT's your skin to do what you want, but a studies with multi treatments are hand picked for best results. They don't list anyone that does not meet their criteria of outcome. I can find studies saying use full powered lasers on the skin because they are magical, while showing none of the cases they caused severe damage. We all know this is not the case or experience of the posters on this website.

When one learns to do something they start with the basics and learn from there. Please follow the FAQ - TCA section, click the link for full instructions on how to peel. IF you think doing a combo will bring quicker results, that is not how the body works, .... too much to soon actually can make things worse . Ask @Quadboy - he is not some random poster posting links,.. he's actually treated himself and blogged it.  

Please do a test spot before you start any peeling. If you are someone who has skin color (ethnic) use hydroquinone and retin a 3 weeks before treatment to prevent hyperpigmentation.

Also keep in mind OP you will be building your acid % gradually from 15% to 35% depending on your test spot when you want to treat. As such your not staying at 15% which is only a starting point. Healing can be 6 weeks as Quad said.

Again just because a doctor you found does this, ... does not mean it's smart for you to do at home - combo. 

i ocasionally use 2.0mm dermaroller in addition with 30-50% TCA peels for my stretch marks  for around 2 years by now.
the gap between these treatments i do is around 3months because its very very agressive method
i dont recommend you to use it for your face by any means, its very harsh and painful to do and can cause severe hyperpigmentation and even make your scarring worse if u dont know how to administrate TCA, TCA is a dangerous shit.
sometimes it caused hyperpigmentation on my skin that last some months, but for me its worth it because its one of the few things that worked in order to improve the depth and overall appearence of my stretch marks.