Notifications
Clear all

Scar treatments that are proven to work

MemberMember
(@realisticbabe)

Posted : 02/16/2018 6:43 pm

I have scarring from acne on my face. I uploaded photos, the flash kind of lights up the indents, but I have kind of rolling planes in some areas.  The skin isn't even.  The places you see discoloration are slightly indented.  What is the best realistic treatment for this?

20180216_153743.jpg

20180216_153630.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/16/2018 8:09 pm

You have very minor scars. To be honest, I wouldn't worry about what you have, and I highly doubt other people you interact every day are really going to notice the scars. I think the redness can be easily covered with make up, such as Dermablend. I really like using Dermablend, because that stuff does not make me break out.

Read the FAQ thread on the top of this sub forum. Lots of great information in there. All the best.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/16/2018 8:36 pm

Do a weak tca peel,maybe 8% and just do it once every 3 months then see what it does after a year.
:)

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 02/16/2018 9:52 pm

I wouldn't recommend trying any treatments designed for acne scars. Anything you try would be high risk little to no reward.

Horus and ScarRight liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/17/2018 1:22 am

@Realisticbabe These are not scars, I don't think the posters here read your hyperpigmintation tag above and as such because it was in the acne scars thread posted accordingly. The best treatment for this is Vascular laser. You have PIE post acne and sometimes this takes a year to go away. There are other treatments checkout the FAQ below - skin section - PIE.