Notifications
Clear all

how to get rid of the hematomas?

MemberMember
(@byescar)

Posted : 02/15/2018 7:49 pm

So I did subcision on December 18th. But the hematomas haven't gone. I can feel the hard tissues when I press my face. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/16/2018 1:43 am

5 hours ago, byescar said:

So I did subcision on December 18th. But the hematomas haven't gone. I can feel the hard tissues when I press my face. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

If you're into natural remedies, first try emu oil. Now to the following method, which might sound crazy, but it really works for bringing down nodules. Grab a cold egg from the refrigerator and slowly rub it on the skin for about 10-15 minutes. Repeat twice a day. After you're done, crack the egg and check the color. It would look dark. Totally insane.

MemberMember
(@tapple007)

Posted : 03/12/2018 8:58 pm

Did your hematoma resolve??? Did you try the egg remedy? I had subcision two weeks ago and have a nodule or hematoma. Still early but I've been trying to massage it to see if it will go down.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 03/13/2018 4:53 am

Proper way. Get them early, why? Because if a haematoma organises, it becomes an encapsulated lump. The biology of a haematoma is that it hardens over time. Now, the good scar revision guys will always weight up the risk benefit ratio of aggressive multi-level Nokor vs say saline 30 G subcsion, this depends on the patients aptitude, and scars, plus other medical factors (aspirin, NSAIDS, fish oil etc...). If a haematoma forms during the subcsion procedure, good guys evacuate it. Pressure until bleed stops. In some cases pressure dressings post op. Bleed is usually venous, not arterial (unless one really does not know what plane they are in). From there, super easy. Good guys bring the patient back, possibly up to 3 times, and do not charge for the correction-
namely v dilute intralesional steroid injections ( usually A 5 ). Literally takes 3-5 seconds to do. This softens up the haematoma. Quick, simple, predictable, and should be part of the service for extensive Nokor. Recent paper to be published by someone who does a lot of Nokor gives the haematoma rate as 7%. With a population biased. Paper will be officially out in the next few months. No controlled studies on arnica, nor eggs, but certainly on dilute repeated steroid injections, weekly for 2-3 weeks. This should IMO be the standard of care for everyone doing Nokor or even cannular subcision. Its a risk benefit ratio that can be mitigated with proper patient care.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/13/2018 5:40 am

I completely agree with what Obi Wan said above, just to add...

Some of your are traveling so this will have to be with your nearby derm or if the treating doctor is available to you follow up with concerns.

Have your doctor make sure to squeeze any excess blood out of the wounds before bandaging, "pressure stops bleeding".

If the hematoma is not visible and under the skin, this can provide a bit of a natural filler that you need with subcision. Another reason I like to do filler post swelling from the subcision.

If it's visible above the skin massage it at home, see if it resolves in a few weeks, you can try the aspirin trick to see if it breaks up the area. Discontinue any Chinese cupping if your doing this until it resolves. If after a few weeks to a couple months it does not resolve then get it injected with dilute steroid. Typically these resolve themselves if left alone and are especially not to be a worry if they are hidden under the skin.

Masty liked
MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 03/13/2018 7:04 am

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

I completely agree with what Obi Wan said above, just to add...

Some of your are traveling so this will have to be with your nearby derm or if the treating doctor is available to you follow up with concerns.

Have your doctor make sure to squeeze any excess blood out of the wounds before bandaging, "pressure stops bleeding".

If the hematoma is not visible and under the skin, this can provide a bit of a natural filler that you need with subcision. Another reason I like to do filler post swelling from the subcision.

If it's visible above the skin massage it at home, see if it resolves in a few weeks, you can try the aspirin trick to see if it breaks up the area. Discontinue any Chinese cupping if your doing this. If after a few weeks to a couple months it does not resolve then get it injected with dilute steroid. Typically these resolve themselves if left alone and are especially not to be a worry if they are hidden under the skin.

Hey,

I still have some hematomas 7 weeks after the Dermapenneedling, thay can be only seen when I stretch my face so as far as they resolve by themselves I do not realy mind them. (Also, got one after subcision which I actually like because it acts like filler).

I was wondering if I can get some more treatments - like needling, or Infini over the area of lumps, or subcision very close to one of the lumps, or do they need to be treated first?

Thanks.

Masty liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/13/2018 7:25 am

@Nina22Yes you can, only treat them if they bother you. Sounds like your fine.

Nina22 liked