Notifications
Clear all

skin care

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 02/14/2018 10:59 pm

What's the best skin regime for people with depressed acne scars on their face? I have terribly deep scars (boxcar and icepick) so I'm a little confused as to what products I can/cannot apply. Also, I'm currently undergoing treatment for the scars so is there something I should totally avoid? I follow my regular CTM routine that's all. I use a cleanser prescribed by my doc then go in witch a hazel toner followed by cetaphil moisturizer and finally spf 50 in the morn. At night I cleanse andreplace cetaphil with vit e oil and skip spf. That's all. any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/15/2018 1:24 am

Cetaphil is a great choice, that is a gentle cleaner and I have been using that while on Accutane. Using sunscreen is also a great and sensible idea. I also use a moistorizer. I do not see how any skin product would make scars worse? Different story if you have just completed a scar treatment such as lasers, because of the high likelihood of swelling and skin being sensitive, the scar revision doctor would most likely give you something to use specifically for that (ie Aquaphor). You would then need to follow his/her instructions carefully.

You stated you are getting treatment for scars? Ask your dermatologist what products you should avoid. He/She is the one who is qualified, which hopefully means they know which products are best.

Rashmi55 liked
MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 02/15/2018 2:51 am

i am using cetaphil moisturizer and for cleansing my doc has prescribed Dermadew (prob an Indian brand though m not 100% sure). She even put me on to clindamycin but it made my skin dry. Then I decided to use cetaphil moisturizer and my doc was okay with it.

Do you think mederma scar cream works on acne craters?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/15/2018 3:35 am

No creams work for established acne scars. Maderma is for young un-established scars and silicone patches and creams are better.

For atrophic acne no topical will treat scars, you need subcision and filler or a spacer.

See the subcision section in the faq below

[Link removed]

Rashmi55 liked
MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 02/15/2018 9:55 pm

On 2/15/2018 at 3:35 AM, beautifulambition said:

No creams work for established acne scars. Maderma is for young un-established scars and silicone patches and creams are better.

For atrophic acne no topical will treat scars, you need subcision and filler or a spacer.

See the subcision section in the faq below

[Link removed]

I have decided to go ahead with subcision though I'm not getting them in conjunction with fillers as they're way beyond my budget. Hoping for the best! And, thank you very much for your advice.I guess am not going to waste anymore money on microneedling as you said they'll do me no good.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 06/19/2022 8:34 pm

Why are old posts being updated?