Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Icelight

Aloe Vera right from the cactus itself?

I notice that a lot of people say to use Aloe Vera products as a moisturizer.

...So, instead of buying processed stuff from a store, would the stuff right from the cactus work well?

I used to use it on my hands when I had bad eczema as a kid and it helped a bit.

Now I just have very sensitive, dry skin on my face that I have been using a 1% hydrocortisone cream on. I'm worried that my skin has become dependant on the cream, because if I skip an application of it my face gets very red, very itchy, and very dry.

It is for this reason that I can *only* ever wash my face twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, because that's when I put the cream on my face. Whenever my face gets wet it gets terribly dry afterwards if I don't apply the hydrocortisone...

So...I just happen to have an Aloe Vera cactus here, it's 'branches' (for lack of better words) full of pure moisturizer...

Is it ok to use on a face with acne? It won't clog pores or cause breakouts or anything like that?

If it's ok to use I might try that at night and only apply the cream in the morning...in an attempt to slowly phase myself out of using it.

I would think it would be okay. There are so many face products that have aloe in it. It should also help with healing any acne you have. When I was little I fell into a bonfire and burned my hands really bad. My Mom would rub aloe on them continuously. When I went back to the doctor for a check up he couldn’t believe how well they had healed. My hand looks perfectly normal. I had even forgot it happened until my Mom reminded me- you could not tell from my hands. I would imagine it would also help your face heal too.

Aloe Vera's fantastic stuff!

I use it straight from the plant.. just make a small slit in one of the leaves and sqeeze a bit of the watery gel stuff out.

Something I've been doing lately, which seems to be working very well to 'heal', is mixing a blob of Aloe with a drop of lavender essential oil.. that should work well as a moisturiser too, as both Aloe and Lavender are good healers

I would rub a little at first on one spot and see the next day how it looks.

I am telling you this because I am allergic to raw aloe ripped from the plant

and not when there is some in products. I didn't know I was allergic to raw

aloe until my pops rubbed some on my back when I was sun burnt. I would hate

for you to find out the wrong way.