Notifications
Clear all

Drinking on Accutane

MemberMember
(@mm1017)

Posted : 02/14/2018 3:22 pm

Is it okay if I have a beer or two while on accutane, once a week? My main concern is failing the blood tests.

MemberMember
(@longlegs622)

Posted : 02/15/2018 2:43 pm

My Derm told me that it's fine to have one or two with supper every now and then but not to a few days before you go do your bloodwork! Hope this helps

MemberMember
(@chris_roaccutane_2018)

Posted : 02/20/2018 4:38 am

my Derm told me to avoid all alcohol while on Roaccutane. the reason? accutane seriously can mess with your liver. it puts strain on it and it functions less efficiently the entire time you'reon the drug. pair this with alcohol which can put an even larger strain on your liver, even if its just more consistent use and not loads in one go, and your liver might have a tough time managing. personally, that is reason enough for me to not have any alcohol at all when I'mon Roaccutane(and I'm the one with my 18th birthday coming up!). At the end of the day, it's a personal choice though. I'm sure the odd drink will be absolutelyfine, I just don't want to take any chances.

MemberMember
(@bigm84)

Posted : 02/20/2018 4:16 pm

My derm said it was fine, just stick to 3-4 per week. To be honest Ive drank too much at times which I wouldnt recommend but tests have always come back fine

MemberMember
(@nikkus)

Posted : 02/20/2018 7:21 pm

I would say it depends on your body weight and dose. During my accutane treatment I had two glasses of wine and my blood test showed elevated enzyme levels for that month :/