Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ospray

For Dan...

I hope I am not celebrating too early, but I just need to give you a HUGE thank you because I have been clear now for a few weeks thanks to your Regimen smile.gif It is amazing, I'd kiss you if I could.

I wasn't even going to try it, but every time I did a seach for some way to control my acne your site kept popping up. I wasn't going to try it because I had used BP before but the problem was that I used it as a spot treatment and obviously that wasn't preventing anything new (silly me).

I think I am still nervous though because I wake up every morning expecting a new spot (as the case used to be) but so far I haven't been disappointed.

At any rate, thank you smile.gif If there's anything at all I can do for you just let me know.

Oh, and a little shout out for delna who convinced me to try baking soda with my cleanser which I think made the last bit of difference. I will go thank her now.

hm, oh, and thanks to the great people on the boards who gave out help and answered questions smile.gif

Ospray - that's brilliant!!

How long was it before you were clear? I'm in week 6 at the moment and although it has improved loads and I have cleared up by about 95% I am still getting the occasional minor breakout (they clear much quicker though). I just can't wait for the day I can say I've been clear for X amount of weeks.

Thankx

eusa_clap.gifbiggrin.gif

I think I'm at the 2 month mark smile.gif I know a couple weeks ago when I was probably where you are at I was getting frustrated because of a few breakouts still occuring but it looks like if you keep at it they go away smile.gif

Very cool you guys. And you are welcome. So here's the deal from this point forward, and this goes for everyone who posted above: Use PLENTY of bp. Use PLENTY. PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY. This is what cleared me up and has kept me clear. Keep us posted on how it progresses!

-Dan

i have just started using bp (oxy on the spot 2.5%), HOW much should i put on?  I have moderate/bad acne

Click on "The Regimen" link on the upper right hand corner of the page. Check out Dan's regimen instructions and be sure to watch the videos. Follow everything exactly- if you haven't used bp or are resuming after a lengthy hiatus, start out SLOWLY, with a small amount to avoid irritation. When your skin is accustomed to the bp, you'll eventually use about an index finger's length of Dan's bp gel....but it may be different for Oxy if the consistency/ size of the opening in the tube is different. Just look at the older pictures with Neutrogena OTS and the newer ones with the BP gel, and compare it to your Oxy and see which more closely resembles yours. Then you'll have an idea of how much to use.