Notifications
Clear all

What type of scar would this be called and is it treatable?

MemberMember
(@kroelie)

Posted : 02/11/2018 4:43 am

I've had this scar for years. It all started with a small pimple, I popped that pimple which was quite big and hurt, yet it healed completely and got a scab. I was tempted to take off that scab, which I did (I know, silly me), and then everything was fine. My skin looked a bit red in that area but no hole or anything. Then after a while I got another pimple in the exact same place, same "look" (look kinda like a small cyst but I'm not sure as it's been years) and I popped it again. This time it also healed pretty well and got a scab, which I also couldn't stop messing with it and this time there was this little hole (as you can see in the picture). 

I've tried so many things yet nothing seems to help except I noticed that coconut oil seemed to make it a bit more smooth and not as big? Maybe I'm just picturing this and hoping for something that will most likely never heal completely :/ Sometimes I also notice a super small tiny white "grain" looking thing in it which always makes me wonder if it's my skin trying to heal? (sorry if this sounds dumb, I just don't know anything about these things). 

I'm guessing this is an ice pick scar but I'm not sure anymore. To me personally it doesn't look that deep (and this a close up so) and in real life it's not that noticeable unless I'm in harsh sunlight or in certain indoor lighting... I'm sure that most people don't even notice it as it sometimes even looks like a tiny mole, but to me it's annoying and I can feel very insecure knowing that it's there. I just hope someone can maybe suggest something and help me out.

IMG_8705.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/11/2018 5:10 am

See a qualified aesthetics dermatologst.

This is so zoomed in (close up in the pic - hard to tell)... it looks like chikenpox scar, possibly a boxcar with the harsh edges. You can get them subcised with a normal needle, and saline injections by a derm. You might not want to cross this as it can get wider and the hypo pigmentation going on (hard to tell in the single pic supper zoomed in without examining you). You can do a peel if you wish over it once you subcise it.

MemberMember
(@kroelie)

Posted : 02/11/2018 7:22 am

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

This is so zoomed in (close up in the pic - hard to tell)... it looks like chikenpox scar, possibly a boxcar with the sharp edges. You can get them subcised, and saline injections by a derm. Or buy a single needle like the diabetic lancet (if you only have one) to needle under all angles underneath. You might not want to cross this as it can get wider and the hypo pigmentation going on (hard to tell in the single pic supper zoomed in without examining you). You can do a peel if you wish over it once you subcise it.

As far as I know I have been vaccinated against chicken pox when I was little so I would find it hard to imagine that to be the cause of it... Thank you though for your quick response!

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/11/2018 7:41 am

@beautifulambition
Does subcision work for any atrophic scar,such as a boxcar? I thought subcision didn't work for rolling scars or scars that can be flattened when stretched.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/11/2018 8:26 am

Box carscan be large or small, it's a really zoomed in pic so hard to tell... but what I see. Notice I did not say filler.The "potential" problem with doing tca cross here is it will be made wider and looks wide already. At least in the picture it looks rather huge. It's hard for me to help with the pic so zoomed in. IF I can get a farther away, more skin showing, we might get away with tca cross, hard to tell from a single zoomed in pic.

Dr's
Can subcise it and do saline with a standard needle and do laser or a peel on it
They can destroy/ soften the borders with sub or carefully placed acid as another treatment instead of the scar bed (Aka tca cross) or do TCA Cross depending on the true width of the scar and how the skin feels when they examine it.

At Home
Do a small single needle product for microneedling, or you can try to dermastamp it first if you wish OP. This may be enough for one spot.
Spot TCA Acid Peel Just the Scar's texture at the end if needed.

**See how these are small enough to tca cross as a example.

[Media removed]

MemberMember
(@kroelie)

Posted : 02/27/2018 4:22 pm

@beautifulambition So sorry for the late response! I will try taking a better picture tomorrow when I have natural light but here is a normal picture with a bit more skin showing. 

93677290-7F89-42A1-B1C8-A42CC2A7439D.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/27/2018 9:10 pm

I will wait for the pic with indirect lighting, use a flashlight.... Scars make shadows.
Thanks,
BA

So far I still think you could get away with cross and resurfacing. In this rare case if it's only one spot, they could do punch excision also and a stitch then resurface,

[Media removed]

MemberMember
(@kroelie)

Posted : 02/28/2018 2:53 am

@beautifulambition Tried my best, hope this is okay

F78CAF41-AAD9-4E6C-9136-3FC328903F43.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/28/2018 3:20 am

If it can fit in a punch the single pit, get excision done. Punch grafting.