Notifications
Clear all

Battle Plan?

MemberMember
(@thx222)

Posted : 02/10/2018 5:32 pm

Hey guys,

I need a battle plan for my scars. I have some on my left cheek, but I am accepting of those. The one™s on the right are those that bother me and are the shadow casting type. They are relatively few; a cluster of 4-5, a few smaller ones here and there and 1 large one near my lip. It™s primarily box scars with fat loss, a few rolling scars and the one near my lip is essentially a box scar, with an ice-pick in the middle that is obviously bound down. 

I gained some hope this week, which is why I am here. As you can tell from the picture below, my skin is rather red and so my derm diagnosed me with rosacea. I underwent IPL a few days ago and my scars virtually disappeared (except the one near my lip). I know that this is temporary a reflection of a little bit of swelling underneath. But my face is not obviously swollen, no one would be able to tell that I had anything done, yet the scars are pretty much invisible. I figured if a little bit of swelling can make such a dramatic difference, then there must be a permanent solution to my problems. I thought of seeing a good plastic surgeon to have my scars filled with temporary filler + the areas of atrophy.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

scars_1.png

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/10/2018 5:43 pm

Is your picture after the IPL was done? Or before. You do not have severe scarring, I actually think you do not look too bad at all. Did your treating dermatologist give you a battle plan? Lots of good information in the FAQ link on the top of this forum. Other posters will follow shortly with more specific forms of treatment I am sure.

MemberMember
(@thx222)

Posted : 02/10/2018 5:58 pm

13 minutes ago, ScarRight said:

Is your picture after the IPL was done? Or before. You do not have severe scarring, I actually think you do not look too bad at all. Did your treating dermatologist give you a battle plan? Lots of good information in the FAQ link on the top of this forum. Other posters will follow shortly with more specific forms of treatment I am sure. 

That is a before picture. My scars are not that bad, I know, but with the combination of rosacea, acne scars and poor skin texture - the whole is worse than the parts. I have included a picture of what I look like today, 3 days post IPL. I would be happy if my skin remained like this and I wouldn™t pursue any other treatments, but I know it™s from the microswelling. Thanks!

scars_2.png

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/10/2018 6:22 pm

You need subcision with filler on your deeper scars then once you got them scars raised some resurfacing treatment,like tca peels to smooth skin out,should help with your scarred pores.
:)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/10/2018 6:34 pm

35 minutes ago, THX222 said:

I have included a picture of what I look like today, 3 days post IPL.

Even with the microswelling, you can still see some scars. Be sure to mark those scars and ask the PS or the derm to subcise those.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/11/2018 3:30 am

Fillers would work well because your skin texture is smooth, with no sharp-shouldered scars. Voluma or Restylane Lyft would lift those right up.