Notifications
Clear all

Brian Turner's Take on How To Fix Scars (Youtube Bodybuilder) - Discuss Your Thoughts.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/10/2018 1:46 am

Brian Turner's Take on How To Fix Scars (Youtube Bodybuilder) - Scar Treatment Sub Discuss your thoughts.

avk409 liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/10/2018 2:20 am

What a coincidence. I watched this vid yesterdays on Youtube. He sounds like any other talking head reading off a teleprompter. 

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/10/2018 2:32 am

Sounds like someone who barely understands the science behind acne and acne scars. He's a nice guy, and I've watched his videos, but they are very misleading. He claims that being on a vegan diet cured him of his cystic acne, but he also took 1 year of accutane - go figure. The video has a few glaring inaccuracies. It's not the worst video I've seen from a youtuber.

The fact that he thinks Dermabrasion is for light acne scars is uninformed AF, frankly.

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 02/10/2018 2:33 am

I love this guy lol. I found him back when he had really bad cystic acne and was using accutane ( i was on it at the time too). Im still amazed by how little scarring he has as his acne was far worse than mine for a longer period as well. Ive watched all his videos on how to repair scarring, and he doesnt know any more than most of us here( less actually). With that being said, hes the most positive person with great communication skills, and i love him for it lol.

eva_li liked
MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/10/2018 2:40 am

Yeah, his skin looks amazing, with very little scarring considering the severity of his cystic acne. He has wolverine healing abilities because he came out basically unscathed.

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 02/10/2018 2:48 am

Sounds like someone who barely understands the science behind acne and acne scars. He's a nice guy, and I've watched his videos, but they are misleading. He claims that being on a vegan diet cured him of his cystic acne, but he also took 1 year of accutane - go figure. The video is so full inaccuracies that anyone on this forum could point out.

I know he had to clarify in his videos that his diet didnt cure his acne after the media used that as a headline. He explained that accutane cleared his skin, however, his acne started to come back after a few months off accutane, so he started a vegan diet, and it cleared his skin up really well. He came to the conclusion the large quantities of milk he was drinking for body building had a major involvement with his bad acne. I think dairy has a major affect on my acne as well. Mainly because mine is caused by a hormonal imbalance (PCOS).

@dazzedthe only thing i can figure is he had a very nutritious diet being a body builder and it allowed his body to repair itself better than most. That or he just has incredibly good genes lol. Lucky guy

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/10/2018 8:06 pm

Just watching first part of his video you can tell his face has a lot of acne scarring.i havnt seen all his vids but remember watching a couple a year or more ago and he had travelled to get dermapen/needling,think he had tca peel on another.so makes me wander how many treatments hes done before this video?

so no,i dont think the guy came out unscathed.
:)

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 02/10/2018 9:52 pm

He does have some scarring, there are videos of him in harsh lighting to show how his skin looks after dermapen, but compared to how BAD his acne was, he looks really really good in my opinion. He had cysts the size of marbles alllll over his face that would last a month or so..his ENTIRE face was covered in pimples and white heads.. if i get a tiny non cystic zit in an area without scarring it turns into a shallow rolling/ice pic scar ( although most people dont have the healing issues i do). He should be completely disfigured from that level of cystic acne and being on accutane as long as he was with the acne. I find his case quite amazing.

eva_li liked
MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/11/2018 3:27 am

He has some scarring, but the point being made is that it looked like he should have been badly scarred due to the severity of his cystic acne. It was very severe. He has some depressions, but his skin texture is mostly good and smooth. If he got fillers, he would look amazing because he doesn't haven't sharply demarcated scars. His case is actually remarkable.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/08/2018 10:59 am

Ive been following his vids for a while now. Exactly what procedures has he had done for his scars? i know he's done a laser, and some dermapens. Anyone know exactly what procedures he has done. just out of curiosity. Im not trying to follow his plan or anything just curious.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/08/2018 5:03 pm

Im surprised by the hate for Brian. He turned down 10k to sponsor some piece of junk dermaroller because he doesn't think it would help people. He's fighting the good fight.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/09/2018 1:12 am

7 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

Im surprised by the hate for Brian. He turned down 10k to sponsor some piece of junk dermaroller because he doesn't think it would help people. He's fighting the good fight.

Talking trash comes naturally for us who spend countless hours fretting about scars. >_<

Seriously, I think the dude is cool on many levels. He pulsates with positive vibes even after having gone through hell and back. But what he presents in this particular vid is straight-up Acne Scar 101, information anyone can readily find on the Internet. Also, c'mon, laser and dermapen?? Not only are they old school, they're mostly ineffective as we all know. He really could have done a better job had he visited this site beforehand. LOL

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 05/09/2018 7:25 am

I like him, but he's just not that well versed at all. He described in the video that Dermabrasion is a lighter treatment. That had me cringing because he doesn't seem to know the difference between microdermabrasion and legit Dermabrasion. One is spa treatment and the other involves taking something that looks like a Dremel to your face and sanding your skin down.

It's very basic, and he gets that wrong too. And for someone who's only done microneedling, he's not in a position to give advice about more complex treatments. Many people on here have had several different types of treatments.

I didn't know about the sponsorship thing, but if he did refuse it then at least he has ethics.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/09/2018 2:43 pm

He is ignorant about scar revision but I think he genuinely cares. I've got nothing but respect for the guy.

dazzed and Amp2695 liked
MemberMember
(@toni94)

Posted : 05/13/2018 5:16 am

@beautifulambition

Do you think a person can have such a great improvement on their scars having 3 simple dermapen sessions?

I've read here cases of people dermaneedling their skin for a whole year before seeing any results...and this guy's scars really improved after 3 simple dermapen sessions...

My opinion is that either he is lying and has undergone other procedures or that the final pics were taken shortly after the last session and thus his skin was still tight and looking nice...

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 05/13/2018 6:59 am

He wasn't lying. The reality is that his scars are minimal - moderate to begin with. It's pretty incredible given how severe his case of acne was. I honestly think he didn't even have cystic acne, but Acne Conglobota which is one of the most severe forms of acne. He really walked away practically unscarthed. On the other hand we have peopel here who scarred from even less severe cases of acne. Its really genetics and your ability to heal.

MemberMember
(@toni94)

Posted : 05/13/2018 8:15 am

1 hour ago, dazzed said:

He wasn't lying. The reality is that his scars are minimal - moderate to begin with. It's pretty incredible given how severe his case of acne was. I honestly think he didn't even have cystic acne, but Acne Conglobota which is one of the most severe forms of acne. He really walked away practically unscarthed. On the other hand we have peopel here who scarred from even less severe cases of acne. Its really genetics and your ability to heal.

Anyway, if you look at the before/after pics, the improvement is amazing.

Regardless of what his scars should be like after severe acne, dermaneedling doesn't work that much in just 3 sessions. I had 2 sessions and I cancelled the 3rd appointment due to the lack of results. *My scars are milder than his*

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/19/2018 2:27 pm

idk, his skin was pretty gnarly when his acne first settled down. Check out this video from 2014,