Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wza

You know what's really annoying

when you will be someplace public and and then look at a person to find them quickly turn away cuz they had been staring at your face...

not only that when somebody enters a room and notices you there then has their head looking toward you as they go to sit down...

this happened to me several times today and I think the reason I noticed is because I just got my new contact prescription with a much more powerful magnification and I can see people a lot clearer

Ok this is what you nedd to do....

Buy a stick, or go get one from a tree, next time someone does it, beat down time mutha fucka...

lol well if you know anything about contacts, going from -2.25 to -3.00 is a big difference : )

i often wish everyone had blury vision, cuz then they wouldn't be able to see my face!

I get that a lot, on the buses the most. Its very irritating, i just want to scream and jump off the bus (double decker bus btw)

DOUBLE DECKER OH MY JESUS CHRIST!!

don't wory about it, people are just weird when they first see that you have acne, but after about 5 min nobody cares...

its kind of lame if you think about it. i read about a theory in one of my classes that involves groups of people. if they see someone getting hurt they won't run to their side and help them becuase they think someone else will, but if its just a single person, we willingly put our lives in danger to be the hero. not TOO ironic. i dont remember why im writing this.

NO.. No.. i dont get it either stinko. Ive been reading it over and over again.. BUt just can't get my little head round it!!

ANDdddddd.. back on topic though.

People aren't staring and looking out for people with acne.. and most respectful people will not stare if they even notice it.. HONNNNestly.. we are out worst critics.

saying that.. i do get a little paranoid.. a scarf is my new best friend cos i can burrow in it.

yea my bad, its about as clear as mud!!!!

what i meant was, in theory of course, that when a group of people see a single person in trouble, no one will do anything about it becuase they think somone else will. its kinda like reverse peer pressure, we want to help, but since no one else is we do nothing. ignorance bassically.

BUT...

if there is one person witnessing someone ELSE in trouble, that one person will voluntarily put their life on the line and try to be the hero. Basically what i meant by the whole thing is that people do care about one another in some instances, but not about our faces, like this thread orignally suggested.

I don't know if that will help. eusa_think.gif

In regards to what Stink said, there is a theory about our moral actions stemming from our own selfish intentions. If you really look at it though, we do help others with either concious or subconcious selfish motives. By acting morally, we are trying to secure rewards for our moral efforts. In all reality, we act morally by helping someone out of selfishness. We want what is best for us, so we secure that by helping others and doing good deeds, as to work towards that.

Well regardless of whether or not people care about my acne, it is disturbing when they gawk at you and you know all too well why they are doing so. Maybe I am being overly sensitive but I don't see the same people gawking at people without acne.

I know this happens because of my skin, I recall a few weeks ago in a hair salon when I was waiting to get my haircut and two little girls who were probably sisters sat across from me. They kept looking at me and whispering to eachother and looking away when I looked in their direction. Children don't lie, they do whatever is on their mind. I see the same behaviour in the "adults" I attend college with.