Notifications
Clear all

How do I embrace a life of solitude and bachelorism?

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 02/08/2018 11:48 pm

The last couple of days I have come to the conclusion that I will be Forever Alone forever. I'm too late in the dating game and will never marry and barely have a social life all thanks to acne and some other personal issues I had when I was younger. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to accept this and be content while seeing happy clear skinned people everywhere. Some of us are just cursed.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 02/11/2018 2:58 am

How old are you?

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 02/11/2018 9:03 pm

18 hours ago, Duperele said:

How old are you?

21 almost 22

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 02/12/2018 2:53 am

5 hours ago, Koloz said:
23 hours ago, Duperele said:

How old are you?

21 almost 22

What the heck are you whining about then? Why forever alone? you are young. You might completely grow out from it in a couple of years.

MemberMember
(@mickidepaname)

Posted : 02/12/2018 8:36 am

By accepting that life is only temporary, and that we're all gonna die at the end of the day..(could be tommorow)...it's not like we'll have to live hell for eternity....why not just have fun for a few decades without taking it seriously before going to rest?

MemberMember
(@triolink)

Posted : 02/22/2018 5:19 am

You will change, you might think that you're going to be alone all your life but no, someone will come along the way and break that thought of yours.
It's just a temporary thing, hold on in there.

MemberMember
(@elisherman33)

Posted : 02/22/2018 10:33 pm

Easy! Get past whatever emotional trauma you've endured, or are currently struggling with. Right? Sounds easy. It's the truth. Or you may find that sticking to a regime is much simpler than maintaining a relationship when you find yourself in one

MemberMember
(@wheely)

Posted : 02/22/2018 10:41 pm

So if you want to embrace it then forget em and become an expert at something. Maybe it can be playing an instrument, cooking healthy delicious food, or computer programming. Become obsessed with something or several things then master them. Then you'll increase your feelings of self-worth and be able to generate your own happiness instead of looking for it externally. Heck, build your own company and start banking... Do something with all your free time! You're so young, eventually you'll find something that works togetyour acne under control and by that time, you'll have built your life into something you love instead of squandering it on anime or netflix or stupid stuff (yeah... been there).

Think of this as your time for personal investment. Then in the future you'll have something to offer when the right one comes along.

BE RELENTLESS
STRENGTH AND HONOR

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 02/23/2018 2:21 pm

Minimising your spare time is the only way to embrace solitude. Find a cheap and constructive hobby that doesn't involve uncreative escapism into fictional worlds (reading novels, watching tv, playing games etc). I'm new to hobbies, I didn't have any when I was young, but I've got a couple now that keep me amused and more importantly keep my mind from wandering into dark places.

If you can't find anything that interests you, you could throw yourself into your work (assuming you do work). Do lots of overtime and earn a ton of money in case you ever want to spend it on something. Get a second job if possible. Volunteer if you must. Don't start a business unless you have an idea, connections in the industry, or a passion for it - most small businesses fail after the first year.

Alternatively you could embrace escapism wholeheartedly and live in the fantasy worlds that books, tv and games provide. Society will look down on you for "wasting" your life, but if it already treats you badly then who cares?

MemberMember
(@leperednome2)

Posted : 02/27/2018 9:00 am

Why so worried about girls? Marriage is dead statistics say over 50% of married women have cheated on their husbands atleast once. Make money get a house with dim lighting so your scars dont look bad and have one night stands if your worried about girls that much. Love yourself and embrace your acne and wear it like its a fashion statement. I have bad scarring and still get acne and girls still message me because i act like i dont care (of course i do though). Life is a game make your own rules

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 03/14/2018 11:19 pm

firstly i would say, do a tone of research on your type of acne, you might not 100%cure it but you can make it tones better.

but imo its lack of conference and a bit of social anxiety.

most of us with acne since school have missed out on the silly dating experiences and have also experienced lots of negative experiences from the opposite sex.. so its no surprise that some of us are damaged (i know i am).

its a bit of a catch 22 but ive known a few guys who were "shy" but after sleeping/dating a few girls, they seemed to loose a lot of inhibitions and became a lot more confident.- most are married now.

practically, i would say improve your body, lift weights, join a gym. fitness or running clubs are a good place to meet people, help with social anxiety and get fit. you could also read a few self help books / youtube videos (again some of us guys with bad experiences give off negative body language /vibes which repel girls - there is some good youtube vids on this)

MemberMember
(@infinitewaters)

Posted : 03/19/2018 1:12 pm

Law of attraction helps not only in terms of acne , scars but also confidence. Look into subliminal affirmations on youtube. They have helped me too.

MemberMember
(@floridagirl1991)

Posted : 04/26/2018 2:16 pm

I've been a member on here for quite sometime , but I'm currently looking for friends that have the same problem as me so we can talk and maybe meet up one day? Message me and I'll give you my number , I wanna get a beach house one day so I can invite my acne.org friends over . I just want lots of pinpals so we can travel everywhere and show eachother off. We can all be diamonds in the dirt. :) Maybe I'll find a new love. 

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 04/29/2018 10:12 am

On 2018-02-27 at 3:00 PM, Leperednome2 said:

Why so worried about girls? Marriage is dead statistics say over 50% of married women have cheated on their husbands atleast once. Make money get a house with dim lighting so your scars dont look bad and have one night stands if your worried about girls that much. Love yourself and embrace your acne and wear it like its a fashion statement. I have bad scarring and still get acne and girls still message me because i act like i dont care (of course i do though). Life is a game make your own rules

Maybe because havning a partner is the reason of life, and one can't be fully happy without love.