Notifications
Clear all

DIM and SEVERE bloating

MemberMember
(@lilyrt)

Posted : 02/08/2018 10:40 pm

Hi All,

I have taken DIM for my hormonal acne for 13 days and got severe blaoting!

Although I stopped taking the supplements two weeks ago but my bloating is still there. Its so severe and unlikely to get better. My period this month lates for ten days now:(. I have also gained 10 pounds over the past two weeks. Anyone has experienced the same thing from taking DIM? Will bloating subside or its a permanent damage :(. Please help.

MemberMember
(@lilyrt)

Posted : 02/10/2018 9:21 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 02/16/2018 12:48 am

Have been in dim for 7 months, lost my period and didn't see much improvement I'm now tapering off... did not have any weight gain or bloatingthough

MemberMember
(@msa-attia)

Posted : 02/25/2018 3:01 pm

Hi Lilyrt

I have experienced the exact same symptoms! I took DIM for almost two months and I got extreme bloating, weight gain and irregular period (mine was two weeks long and came early!) I stopped taking the DiM now and Im usig milk thistle to detox my liver. Apparently it could mean that your liver needs more support to flush the hormones out and they are being recirculated. Im not sure but these side effects have sucked so Im off it for now!

Please let me know if you find out any other info! Ive searched high and low on the internet and you seem to be the only other person I could find having these side effects!

mary

Free from liked
MemberMember
(@xoxoem)

Posted : 02/26/2018 6:29 am

I don't understand what the hype about DIM is? I tried taking it for two weeks and i experienced one of the worst breakouts of my life!! Prior to taking it, I did a month long cleanse where I ate really healthy, quit smoking, worked out, ect, ect.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 03/13/2018 4:02 am

On 26/02/2018 at 11:29 AM, xoxoem said:

I don't understand what the hype about DIM is? I tried taking it for two weeks and i experienced one of the worst breakouts of my life!! Prior to taking it, I did a month long cleanse where I ate really healthy, quit smoking, worked out, ect, ect.

Yes, it's a little unpleasant when you first start taking as the body tries to flush out excess oestrogen! (I've over-simplified this massively). I had really bad headaches when I first started taking it and felt tired, but it cleared up the final acne on my neck that I worked out was oestrogen-related (on my cheeks is always progesterone in imbalance or rising). I can now take it fine with no problems to keep my neck clear (the only part I can't clear up through diet alone).

MemberMember
(@free-from)

Posted : 03/26/2019 3:08 pm

Try Calcium d-glucarate, it also detoxifies your body and it is very similar to DIM.

MemberMember
(@free-from)

Posted : 06/04/2019 3:37 pm

Calcium d-glucarate was preventing any bloating from DIM but after months I started gaining weight! I guess I'll have to go back to my chinese doctor because there are no miracle pills/supplements.