Notifications
Clear all

I cleared up my skin with just 2 weeks using acutane is that weird ?

MemberMember
(@melissa-mccal)

Posted : 02/08/2018 7:34 am

So I started using accutane two weeks ago 10 mg in the morning and 20 mg at night and everyone told me that i will get worse in first month but it started getting better from the first week i had a new cystic acne just everyday and im 17 years old girl the only side effect that is bothering me is feeling tired like I cant even wake up for school but im so happy with my skin

MemberMember
(@plaguevictim)

Posted : 02/11/2018 1:09 pm

I had similar results. I am taking 40 mg for a month and it has been weeks since I had breakouts. Skin is considerably less oily and the only side effect I can think is dryness on the lips.

MemberMember
(@chris_roaccutane_2018)

Posted : 02/20/2018 4:44 am

In the nicest way possible, I think you may be jumping the gun a bit here. if you'reonly a few weeks in there's still plenty of time for breakouts and for your skin to see-saw between being good and bad, but hey, if its looking better already and stays that way after only a month, you'reone of the lucky ones!! happy for you regardless, hope it stays well!

Chris

MemberMember
(@hospitalbum)

Posted : 02/20/2018 3:15 pm

I've been on 2 courses of accutane for moderate cystic acne. I've responded within a few weeks as well. No initial breakouts both times. Not strange, but depends on how severe your acne is too. Thats just my experience! If you havent started yet, start moisurizing ahead of time so your skin dryness doesnt punch you in the face all of a sudden (no pun intended).