Notifications
Clear all

2nd month on Accutane and my mild acne became worse

MemberMember
(@32491)

Posted : 02/07/2018 3:12 pm

Hello everyone,

This is my 3rd course of Accutane and it was a success for me the first 2 courses. I was on a low dose 20mg a day both period. No initial breakouts, acne disappeared fast. But it always seem to come back.

Now my acne came back for the 3rd time and its actually pretty mild about 5 cystic pimples that are just so persistent and takes weeks to turn into head.

I decided to give Accutane another try because it gave me such great results. But now Im on my second month and my acne actually became worse which never happened to me before. Is this normal? I started 10mg for 2 weeks, 20mg for a month and I just started this week my 30mg.

I dont know if Im experiencing the initial breakout or the topical medications my derm gave me are reacting badly to my skin. She gave me a clindamycin toner, an antibacterial cream, anti acne cream and drying lotion for the pimples. Should I stop using this topical medications? She insist that I continue on them.

Im starting to regret having to take Accutane again for my mild acne. Can anyone please help me with this? Because the doctors I have talked to doesnt seem to care how depressing this is for me.

MemberMember
(@iwantcafune)

Posted : 02/08/2018 12:52 pm

Do you feel all those creams are irritating your skin? That could make inflammation worse. I know you're not supposed to use topical retinoids while on Accutane, don't know about other drying agents. But I wouldn't advise against a derm's recommendations - if you don't trust this one anymore, find another doctor.

MemberMember
(@32491)

Posted : 02/09/2018 1:25 pm

On 9 February 2018 at 1:52 AM, iwantcafune said:

Do you feel all those creams are irritating your skin? That could make inflammation worse. I know you're not supposed to use topical retinoids while on Accutane, don't know about other drying agents. But I wouldn't advise against a derm's recommendations - if you don't trust this one anymore, find another doctor.

Yeah I read that somewhere here too that you're not supposed to put any more topical medications while on accutane. And I really don't know if it's irritating my skin or not but it doesn't sting or anything.