Notifications
Clear all

Accepting my condition (Tried everything)

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 02/07/2018 10:25 am

So, i'm here to say thatI gave up fighting my acne.

24 years, tried everything (or almost). I'm lost, hopeless and sad about my condition.

Been already on 5 full courses of Isotretinoin, courses of antibiotics, several topical creams (Epiduo, Azelaic Acid,clindamycin, BP), already cut out dairy and gluten, drink lots of water everyday, eating healthy, supplementing with Zinc and Probiotics,Acupuncture and thats all, and acne still right here laughing at me.

I still have a closed box of Isotretinoina at home, but i'm refusing to take it again, because my body can't accept this drug anymore, my gut is fucked up.

Acne literally has destroyed my life and I had to write somewhere, because I'm surrounded by people who think this is a big bullsh*t, but they do not see how it hurts.

I have lost strength and hope of fighting it, and I am accepting my condition. My acne is not severe,but extremelly persistent inflamed and some whiteheads, enough to look like sh*t. I'm fighting it since 2007 when i was 14, andI never thought this would be my biggest challenge until now.

I need help,I didn't want to give up, but I do not see any options for me.

MemberMember
(@dogbeach)

Posted : 02/11/2018 9:08 pm

I wrote a post called Acne Regimen Explained today. There may be some things in there that help you.

MemberMember
(@disco-dave)

Posted : 02/13/2018 9:07 am

Hi Turko.

I know the feeling.Believe me i ve been there.I'm 53 and have had acne since i was 14.Thats a lot of years!
I started using a product Oxy Wash in the late 70s with Benzoyl peroxide.Used to work great but dried up the skin.Was using this all through
the 80s.I was still getting the odd spot here and there but mostly my skin was kept under control.
They then decided to discontinue it here in the UK.So then i tried every thing.from soaps without perfume (Simple) etc all to no avail.
In fact they made my face worse with horrible break outs.Even tried Panoxyl Wash but that made me break out as well.Tried Minocyline in the early 2000s which cleared it up pretty well but is supposed to be bad for the liver long term usage.Have you tried taking Niacin tablets (vitamin B3) or Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5)?I had some success with these but my skin seemed to have got used to them over a period of about 3 years and just wasn't that effective any more.Hope you can find something.I'm still looking after about 40 years

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 02/13/2018 10:23 pm

If you havent already try drinking lots of green tea.

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 02/14/2018 5:19 am

20 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

Hi Turko.

I know the feeling.Believe me i ve been there.I'm 53 and have had acne since i was 14.Thats a lot of years!
I started using a product Oxy Wash in the late 70s with Benzoyl peroxide.Used to work great but dried up the skin.Was using this all through
the 80s.I was still getting the odd spot here and there but mostly my skin was kept under control.
They then decided to discontinue it here in the UK.So then i tried every thing.from soaps without perfume (Simple) etc all to no avail.
In fact they made my face worse with horrible break outs.Even tried Panoxyl Wash but that made me break out as well.Tried Minocyline in the early 2000s which cleared it up pretty well but is supposed to be bad for the liver long term usage.Have you tried taking Niacin tablets (vitamin B3) or Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5)?I had some success with these but my skin seemed to have got used to them over a period of about 3 years and just wasn't that effective any more.Hope you can find something.I'm still looking after about 40 years

hey, wow man, 53 and still fighting against acne? That's way too much for me, ouch, have you ever tried Accutane during these years?

I've never tried this kind of vitamins but i've read that B5 causes massive hair loss (permanently), i'm a little bit scared of this. Did you take B3 oral or put it on the face?

I had an appoinment last week and my derm prescribed retinoic acid and hydroquinone... i'm so tired of this trial and error stuff, i will give a try.

I MUST find the root of my acne, i'm sure that is an internal imbalance, could be hormones, could be the gut, could be the liver or the blood who nows... the so many agressive treatments that i've tried messed up all my body and made my acne extremelly persistent and thats worrisome.

6 hours ago, LifesWaitingToBegin said:

If you havent already try drinking lots of green tea.

I have it at home, but never tried, this worked for you? Isn't toxic to the liver?

MemberMember
(@disco-dave)

Posted : 02/14/2018 5:48 am

If you haven't tried Niacin give it a go.You cannot overdose on it because it is water soluble.There should be some things on here about it.Or just google 'Niacin Acne',It was very effective on 2x500 mg tablets a day.It causes a flush for about 15 minutes where your skin itches and turns red but that's the capillaries opening and letting the blood rush through.Or you can buy No Flush as well.As i say,it worked well for about 3 years then i think my body started rejecting it and wasnt that effective afterwards.It also tightens the pores and makes the skin less oily.

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 02/14/2018 7:31 am

2 hours ago, Turko said:
hey, wow man, 53 and still fighting against acne? That's way too much for me, ouch, have you ever tried Accutane during these years?

I've never tried this kind of vitamins but i've read that B5 causes massive hair loss (permanently), i'm a little bit scared of this. Did you take B3 oral or put it on the face?

I had an appoinment last week and my derm prescribed retinoic acid and hydroquinone... i'm so tired of this trial and error stuff, i will give a try.

I MUST find the root of my acne, i'm sure that is an internal imbalance, could be hormones, could be the gut, could be the liver or the blood who nows... the so many agressive treatments that i've tried messed up all my body and made my acne extremelly persistent and thats worrisome.

I have it at home, but never tried, this worked for you? Isn't toxic to the liver?

Green tea (along with other diet changes) has helped my acne greatly.It is only harmful to the liver if taken in extremely large amounts, I read that up to 10 cups a day is ok and I only drink 2-3. I think the risk is mainly for people who take supplements which are far stronger than just drinking the tea.Generally speaking green tea is very beneficial for overall health.good luck

MemberMember
(@disco-dave)

Posted : 02/14/2018 8:09 am

How long have you been drinking green tea? My daughter used to drink it a few years ago for general health.I never knew about this for acne.

What was your acne like before and after drinking it?I might give this a try,Is there any brands i should be looking for. Thanks

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 02/14/2018 8:39 am

2 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

If you haven't tried Niacin give it a go.You cannot overdose on it because it is water soluble.There should be some things on here about it.Or just google 'Niacin Acne',It was very effective on 2x500 mg tablets a day.It causes a flush for about 15 minutes where your skin itches and turns red but that's the capillaries opening and letting the blood rush through.Or you can buy No Flush as well.As i say,it worked well for about 3 years then i think my body started rejecting it and wasnt that effective afterwards.It also tightens the pores and makes the skin less oily.

I have googled it, seems veryeffective! But many reported too much flushing not only in the face and itchiness, thats sound strange, i am white and become red too fucking easy, this is due to Accutane long term effects, skin become thin, and it gave me a little of Rosacea next to the eyes/nose, did you had the same effects with B5 and noticed hairloss?

1 hour ago, LifesWaitingToBegin said:
3 hours ago, Turko said:

Green tea (along with other diet changes) has helped my acne greatly.It is only harmful to the liver if taken in extremely large amounts, I read that up to 10 cups a day is ok and I only drink 2-3. I think the risk is mainly for people who take supplements which are far stronger than just drinking the tea.Generally speaking green tea is very beneficial for overall health.good luck

Thank you! I bought it months ago and never used, it is worth trying. I've been lately searching about holistic treatments, basedin plants with medicinal effects that help the body eliminate toxins, and thereby help clear the acne...

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 02/14/2018 12:49 pm

4 hours ago, Disco Dave said:

How long have you been drinking green tea? My daughter used to drink it a few years ago for general health.I never knew about this for acne.

What was your acne like before and after drinking it?I might give this a try,Is there any brands i should be looking for. Thanks

I have been drinking it for about a year now. Before I used to have horrible cystic acne pretty much all over my face it was a nightmare...I used all sorts of antibiotics which would clear it up but always stopped working and it came back.so I decided to clean my diet up so now I avoid dairy as much a possible,eat loads of fruit/veg,avoid processed food etc and drink green tea everyday.I just get branded plain green tea from the supermarket.Now I have red marks (which are fading) but no more cystic acne at all, I still get spots/pimples occasionally but nothing like as bad as before and not cystic and I can actually leave my house with confidence.I believe drinking the tea has helped a lot in terms of preventing the acne and avoiding the dairy/junk food has helped in terms of not aggravating it.

MemberMember
(@disco-dave)

Posted : 02/14/2018 12:50 pm

If you go ahead with the Niacin i would advise taking it an hour or so before you go out or take it at night before bed.I took it about 5 mins before i went out,hopped on a bus and some woman asked if i was ok.The flush had started kicking in .With the B5 ithink it was only cost whicjh made me stop using it.I was taking 4 tablets a day compared with 2 for the Niacin.I'm losing my hair anyway so i don't think the B5 contributed to this.

Ive never tried Accutane.I've heard horror stories of people with dried cracked lips and sore joints.Its very drying as well and im starting to get lines around my eyes anyway because of age.

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 02/19/2018 1:31 pm

It's been a almost week drinking green tea once a day (night), unfortunately didn't see any improvement, should I wait a month?

Zinc suplemment almost finishing, taking probiotic capsules (which considerally is helping my gut), no bloating and disconfort anymore, but acne still here. I also started using retinoic acid +hydroquinone on my face and i hated it, almost burned my face!

I'm considering try B5 or B3, if things don't get better soon, a 6th course of Accutane on low dose for long term is my last resort, can't accept this desease anymore.

Can someone tell me whats really EFFECTIVE besides Accutane or Antibiotics?

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 02/22/2018 9:56 pm

On 2/21/2018 at 0:20 PM, Duperele said:

i would say that about 70% of people with acne got clear for antibiotics and a good topical treatment,(I know some personally and i am one by myself). The rest come to whine about it on the internet.

On 2/19/2018 at 10:31 AM, Turko said:

It's been a almost week drinking green tea once a day (night), unfortunately didn't see any improvement, should I wait a month?

Zinc suplemment almost finishing, taking probiotic capsules (which considerally is helping my gut), no bloating and disconfort anymore, but acne still here. I also started using retinoic acid +hydroquinone on my face and i hated it, almost burned my face!

I'm considering try B5 or B3, if things don't get better soon, a 6th course of Accutane on low dose for long term is my last resort, can't accept this desease anymore.

I am trying to find out how much and which probiotic strain people take, can you tell me which brand and how many CFUs you took? I am very curious about this, thank you. And did you have any "die off" when you started the probiotic?

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 02/22/2018 10:15 pm

On 19/02/2018 at 6:31 PM, Turko said:

Sorry to hear the green tea hasnt helped.personally I would persist with it,I would probably drink more than 1 cup per day.I drink 2-3 per day and when I first started drinking it about 4 cups. Of course if you dont think its helping you can stop but green tea is generally good for you either way so shouldnt do any harm.

MemberMember
(@domokun)

Posted : 02/23/2018 7:09 am

Hi Turko, based on my own experience. I know different people's body may have different causes for acne, imo I would suggest you to go for a Allergy blood test. To find out if you're allergic to certain types of food. I mean there's no harm in trying since you have tried all sorts of medications and solutions. For me, I have took accutane from 10mg per day to 40mg for almost 9yrs and it still doesn't help. Well it helped after like 6-8mths and the skin will go perfect for few months then it returns. So yeah this lasted for 9yrs on and off from the medications, until I could not stand the accutane's side effects anymore.

My type of acne is called Acne Conglobata, those nasty cystic lumps which can combine together like Transformers and form an even bigger one. They causes difficulties in sleeping and permanent scars. After quitting accutane, I still keep going for the Cortisone injections to temporary control the cysts. My acne started around 16 and lasted until 2yrs ago when I was able to figure out on the cause. Currently 26, it pretty much took me almost 3yrs to figure out the types of food I'm allergic towards.

I did tried taking zinc, and it somehow made my skin breakout real bad. Probably my body isn't compatible with it. Tried Green Tea but no eefect for my skin. Okay, back to the main point after all those background summary, I have ran many try and error in my food diet and whenever I start to have large acne conglobata growing or skin irritations on my body. I would try to think back on what have I consumed out of the ordinary, from that day till 1week ago. Hence, my diet is pretty much the same every month and I will try out new food in rare occasions. Easier for me to pin point if something new I've consumed is causing the skin irritation.

Tbh all these while since I got acne, I used to thought my skin irritation was caused by dryness only. The foods which I totally MUST AVOID are Peanuts, Almonds, All the Nut family you could think off, sesame seed/oils, Chocolates (Most of the time they are written behind indicated Contamination of Nuts during manufacturing process), crabs, prawns,duck meat (not 100% confirmed yet), coffee (usually causes minor small whitehead acne).

The only stuff I'm using to control my skin are antihistamine (for skin irritation/nasal allergy), Medic 8 pore cleanse, and shu uemura moisturizer tho sometimes I can be lazy to apply moisturizer. Try to avoid facial scrubs or maybe only once every 2-3 weeks if you do use them or just use cleansers which contains those acids which chemically exfoliates the skin lightly. (Tried acneorg's Aha+, too strong and it makes my skin itchy). You may try something similar to the Medic 8 pore cleanser I'm using which contains those exfoliating acids, can be a little dry. I'm also using Topicil, a topical solution for once in awhile small whiteheads, doesn't really help much for the big ones but oh well just apply.

Long comment but good luck.

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 02/23/2018 11:35 am

10 hours ago, Hopeful74 said:

I am trying to find out how much and which probiotic strain people take, can you tell me which brand and how many CFUs you took? I am very curious about this, thank you. And did you have any "die off" when you started the probiotic?

Hey, i'm taking this one.

It says 14 bilion good bacteria, 2 capsules per day.I was a bit skeptical about probiotics, but this is REALLY helping! No side effects, i'm feeling much better, but no affect in acne at all.

13 hours ago, LifesWaitingToBegin said:
On 19/02/2018 at 3:31 PM, Turko said:

Sorry to hear the green tea hasnt helped.personally I would persist with it,I would probably drink more than 1 cup per day.I drink 2-3 per day and when I first started drinking it about 4 cups. Of course if you dont think its helping you can stop but green tea is generally good for you either way so shouldnt do any harm.

Yes, i will continue, we must be persistent.

I'm just drinking one at night, but i'll take 2.

Bought in a natural products store, should i buy in the supermarket?

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 02/23/2018 12:14 pm

4 hours ago, DomoKun said:

Hi Turko, based on my own experience. I know different people's body may have different causes for acne, imo I would suggest you to go for a Allergy blood test. To find out if you're allergic to certain types of food. I mean there's no harm in trying since you have tried all sorts of medications and solutions. For me, I have took accutane from 10mg per day to 40mg for almost 9yrs and it still doesn't help. Well it helped after like 6-8mths and the skin will go perfect for few months then it returns. So yeah this lasted for 9yrs on and off from the medications, until I could not stand the accutane's side effects anymore.

My type of acne is called Acne Conglobata, those nasty cystic lumps which can combine together like Transformers and form an even bigger one. They causes difficulties in sleeping and permanent scars. After quitting accutane, I still keep going for the Cortisone injections to temporary control the cysts. My acne started around 16 and lasted until 2yrs ago when I was able to figure out on the cause. Currently 26, it pretty much took me almost 3yrs to figure out the types of food I'm allergic towards.

I did tried taking zinc, and it somehow made my skin breakout real bad. Probably my body isn't compatible with it. Tried Green Tea but no eefect for my skin. Okay, back to the main point after all those background summary, I have ran many try and error in my food diet and whenever I start to have large acne conglobata growing or skin irritations on my body. I would try to think back on what have I consumed out of the ordinary, from that day till 1week ago. Hence, my diet is pretty much the same every month and I will try out new food in rare occasions. Easier for me to pin point if something new I've consumed is causing the skin irritation.

Tbh all these while since I got acne, I used to thought my skin irritation was caused by dryness only. The foods which I totally MUST AVOID are Peanuts, Almonds, All the Nut family you could think off, sesame seed/oils, Chocolates (Most of the time they are written behind indicated Contamination of Nuts during manufacturing process), crabs, prawns,duck meat (not 100% confirmed yet), coffee (usually causes minor small whitehead acne).

The only stuff I'm using to control my skin are antihistamine (for skin irritation/nasal allergy), Medic 8 pore cleanse, and shu uemura moisturizer tho sometimes I can be lazy to apply moisturizer. Try to avoid facial scrubs or maybe only once every 2-3 weeks if you do use them or just use cleansers which contains those acids which chemically exfoliates the skin lightly. (Tried acneorg's Aha+, too strong and it makes my skin itchy). You may try something similar to the Medic 8 pore cleanser I'm using which contains those exfoliating acids, can be a little dry. I'm also using Topicil, a topical solution for once in awhile small whiteheads, doesn't really help much for the big ones but oh well just apply.

Long comment but good luck.

Hi DomoKun, thank you for your comment. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling against this kind of acne. Like i said before, my acne is not severe, but i have whiteheads, and also suffer withfolliculitis (head, neck), even a few in the chest.

I never made an allergy blood test,when I was doing acupuncture sessions, the practitioner suggested the same thing. To do such test I need to go to an allergist doctor first? Iavoid many foods in my diet and drink lots of water during the day. I love chocolate and i had to eliminate it from my life, is so sad. Mostly dairy and gluten free also, coffee i still drink but once a day. I'm tired of topicals, i eliminated all of them, i'm using nothing, just a La Roche Posay cleanser and that's all. I don't apply moisturizerbecause my face become oily during the day, however, i'm feeling it less oily, maybe because of the green tea. Not sure if is interesting to use an topical antibiotic like you mentioned (Topicil),the bacterias of the skin become resistant to it. I don't think that this Medic 8 is availaible in my country, i'll do a research, thanks.

DomoKun liked
MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 02/23/2018 7:49 pm

8 hours ago, Turko said:
Hey, i'm taking this one.

It says 14 bilion good bacteria, 2 capsules per day.I was a bit skeptical about probiotics, but this is REALLY helping! No side effects, i'm feeling much better, but no affect in acne at all.
Yes, i will continue, we must be persistent.

I'm just drinking one at night, but i'll take 2.

Bought in a natural products store, should i buy in the supermarket?

I would imagine that bought from a natural products store would be fine and probably better than from a supermarket.

MemberMember
(@fuliosaqua)

Posted : 02/23/2018 8:10 pm

What if, maybe, just maybe ... your condition is not really acne but something else? Probably an infection? Have you ever got your puss from your pimples tested to determine the cause? 5 courses of Accutane and antibiotics additionally just seem more than enough to eliminate acne...

Or, I'm sorry if what I'm saying is not true and sounds judgmental, but could it be that your acne is barely noticable and you get anxious over a few small whiteheads? Because if that's your concern, then yeah, no thing on Earth will prevent you from having pimples from time to time, nothing. It's just how it works, everybody gets pimples every now and then.

Btw check my recent post about how I control my breakouts post-Accutane. I have 1 active pimple on my face atm and 2 small pimples on my shoulder, don't know how that sounds to you, but I'm 90% better than I was before, I used to have painful zits all over my body, probably like 40 at once. My biggest concern is my scars atm, they will be hard to heal and there's nothing I can do unfortunately, besides peels.

MemberMember
(@domokun)

Posted : 02/24/2018 12:12 pm

23 hours ago, Turko said:
Hi DomoKun, thank you for your comment. I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling against this kind of acne. Like i said before, my acne is not severe, but i have whiteheads, and also suffer withfolliculitis (head, neck), even a few in the chest.

I never made an allergy blood test,when I was doing acupuncture sessions, the practitioner suggested the same thing. To do such test I need to go to an allergist doctor first? Iavoid many foods in my diet and drink lots of water during the day. I love chocolate and i had to eliminate it from my life, is so sad. Mostly dairy and gluten free also, coffee i still drink but once a day. I'm tired of topicals, i eliminated all of them, i'm using nothing, just a La Roche Posay cleanser and that's all. I don't apply moisturizerbecause my face become oily during the day, however, i'm feeling it less oily, maybe because of the green tea. Not sure if is interesting to use an topical antibiotic like you mentioned (Topicil),the bacterias of the skin become resistant to it. I don't think that this Medic 8 is availaible in my country, i'll do a research, thanks.

Yeah you may visit doctors like Allergy Immunology Clinics, just insist that you would like to take the test. Not sure why, but many doctors I have visited, doesn't believe in the relation between food allergies & acne. Yeah that moment when you have to stop eating chocos ... I tried taking coffee once in awhile but it kinda gives me a few small whiteheads and minor acnes. Well based on my experience, using moisturizer actually helps to reduce oil secretion from the face. My face used to be quite oily during the day and it became dry after I stopped using moisturizer as if it understands that no oil is needed when the skin is moisturized, but of course the oily skin returned after 1week+ without moisturizer. Despite that, I understand why you don't feel like using them. Go ahead with the green tea, I do take them often as well. Currently my skin is fine, just some scars which will take time to heal and minor 1-3 whiteheads around the nose once in awhile.

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 02/26/2018 9:41 am

On 23/02/2018 at 10:10 PM, fuliosaqua said:

What if, maybe, just maybe ... your condition is not really acne but something else? Probably an infection? Have you ever got your puss from your pimples tested to determine the cause? 5 courses of Accutane and antibiotics additionally just seem more than enough to eliminate acne...

Or, I'm sorry if what I'm saying is not true and sounds judgmental, but could it be that your acne is barely noticable and you get anxious over a few small whiteheads? Because if that's your concern, then yeah, no thing on Earth will prevent you from having pimples from time to time, nothing. It's just how it works, everybody gets pimples every now and then.

Btw check my recent post about how I control my breakouts post-Accutane. I have 1 active pimple on my face atm and 2 small pimples on my shoulder, don't know how that sounds to you, but I'm 90% better than I was before, I used to have painful zits all over my body, probably like 40 at once. My biggest concern is my scars atm, they will be hard to heal and there's nothing I can do unfortunately, besides peels.

Hello, i already saw your topic, very useful.

Well,I never thought it could be an infection, buta sign that my body isn't fine, like we know, acne is basically our organism telling us that something ins't ok, and of course after 5 full courses of Accutane plus antibioticsI am not surprised to be in such situation, a normal person would get rid of acne in at least 2 courses, or if not get a pimple here and there one day and another, but its not my situation, i have one new spot everyday, most of them without pus, but inflammed, red, in a white skin. Getting a new one everyday is making everything worse, it's making me sick minded. Creams used to work for a while at keeping acne at bay but i don't see results so far with them, that's why i stopped using everything topical and maintain only supplementation, which also is not preventing acne at all.

Unfortunatelly doctors are so blind and closed minded, they don't see relation in nothing, don't want to argue with them, cause they'll always think you're wrong,they only search for drugs to mask your symptoms, but never find the root of the problem.

I have in mind that my liver, gut and blood are probably full of toxins, due to all of this bullshit medication that fixed my problem in a matter of months, but then this nightmare always returns. My skin is never going to be fineuntil the body is completely detoxified. I'm actually tired of doctors and dermatologists, and searched for alternative ways.What I need is to speed up the detoxification process of my body to archieve a good skin, but i don't know where to start.

MemberMember
(@fuliosaqua)

Posted : 02/27/2018 1:19 pm

I really don't know bro, but I agree that dermatologists are useless.. they've been putting me on antibiotics for months before taking Accutane and all for nothing.. and not even Accutane cleared me fully, half of it came back after, I found a way to control my breakouts myself.. imagine how useless they are that I had to resort to self-medication to find a solution. Why don't you try overdosing on Vitamin B5 + L-Carnitine? Probably take like 5 to 10 grams? It's scary when you think about it, but even megadoses of B5 won't cause the side effects of Accutane and you've been on that shit 5 times.

MemberMember
(@turko)

Posted : 03/01/2018 10:04 am

On 27/02/2018 at 3:19 PM, fuliosaqua said:

I really don't know bro, but I agree that dermatologists are useless.. they've been putting me on antibiotics for months before taking Accutane and all for nothing.. and not even Accutane cleared me fully, half of it came back after, I found a way to control my breakouts myself.. imagine how useless they are that I had to resort to self-medication to find a solution. Why don't you try overdosing on Vitamin B5 + L-Carnitine? Probably take like 5 to 10 grams? It's scary when you think about it, but even megadoses of B5 won't cause the side effects of Accutane and you've been on that shit 5 times.

I'm considering it but...

how safely is overdosing B5? 10 grams seems a lot, did you read about long term issues? Hair loss?

It's interesting to do a full research before you go that way. What brand do you recommend? I'm not from the US.

MemberMember
(@fuliosaqua)

Posted : 03/06/2018 1:13 pm

On 3/1/2018 at 5:04 PM, Turko said:
I'm considering it but...

how safely is overdosing B5? 10 grams seems a lot, did you read about long term issues? Hair loss?

It's interesting to do a full research before you go that way. What brand do you recommend? I'm not from the US.

I use only 500 mg, I don't really have to go over 500 mg to control my breakouts. As for safety, there are some concerns regarding drying of the skin and scalp which might result in hair loss as well, but it's many MANY times safer than Accutane. B5 is a water-soluble vitamin, so the body flushes away the excess toxins, while with Vitamin A and Accutane which is also made largely of Vitamin A, the toxins remain in the body and cause various of health problems (you know Accutane's side effects). The reason why B5 might cause hairloss is because B5 halts the absorbtion of Biotin and Biotin is the most important vitamin for your hair. The thing is, what's good for your hair is bad for your skin. Healthy sebaceous glands = nice, thick hair, but acne prone skin. Unhealthy sebaceous glands = dry, falling hair and dry, easily-wrinkled skin, but no acne. So technically, Biotin cause acne, but is good for your hair, the opposite with B5. I guess you just can't have both, unless you are really lucky... You can take some biotin with your B5 to limit the hair loss, but there's no assurance.

MemberMember
(@rafael-p)

Posted : 03/25/2018 8:20 am

Hey,

you are not alone, i went on 4 courses of Accutane and still having acne, during the treatment my face looked awesome, within a single spot, but my acne always returned. My last course of Accutane ended in March/2016, since then i'm only trying a lot of things to fix my problem, but no one of them seems to work properly.

I'm considering ULTRA Low dose of Accutane per week to solve my problem, and keep it at bay, but i do not found many people on internet using this kind of treatment. My acne is mild and persistent, used already a lot of chemicals (actually im using BP) and natural treatments, also diet changes and they never disappear, seems accutane is the only solution, i'm 25 years old and acne sufferer since 13. I saw in your profile that you are brazilian, i am too, searching for a dermatologist to recommend Ultra Low Dose of Accutane like 20/40mg per week, but no one seems to prescribe this.