Notifications
Clear all

Need some help

MemberMember
(@adam96)

Posted : 02/05/2018 6:20 pm

Looking for someone to help and point me in the right direction, before I start I have an appointment booked for a dermatologist but it's 2 months away so I'd like to try and do what I can now to help clear it up.

im currently taking lymecycline that I got prescribed, I have stopped eating crap foods like sweets and sugary stuffand cut out diary I'm just drinking water and green tea with fresh lemon, started running and other exercises 
i have just recently started using Aztec healing clay then showering then applying some shea butter overnight.
i was seeing some results before using the clay and shea butter but now it seems to be getting slightly worse.
having suffered with acne for around 5-6 years it's made me hate my life at the moment as I've recently only just started to care about my face. Used to be a full time "stoner"
I have also just ordered some tee tree soap and some aloe Vera gel after reading that they can help. (I will literally try anything)
i have started using some supplements like zinc, fish oil, l-lysine, just ordered some vitamin d3 and probiotics.

Im currently in the process of joining the military and I know they medically defer people for severe acne mainly on the back and shoulders I have very little there so I'm not sure if it would be a problem but I would like to clear it up either way and accutane or any other medications with adverse side effects will be a no if offered from the dermatologist as these are not allowed in the military.

hopefully I've put this in the correct place and that you guys could help me out 

MemberMember
(@showyfunction)

Posted : 02/06/2018 8:43 am

Shea butter Ive heard makes skin worse and breaks people out especially if you have oily skin..
dont worry if some products dont work for you its all about trial and error so experiment to see what works for you
what type of acne do you have and what type of skin?

MemberMember
(@adam96)

Posted : 02/06/2018 9:08 am

21 minutes ago, ShowyFunction said:

Shea butter I™ve heard makes skin worse and breaks people out especially if you have oily skin.. 
dont worry if some products don™t work for you it™s all about trial and error so experiment to see what works for you
what type of acne do you have and what type of skin? 

I'm not too sure what skin type I have I tried uploading pictures but wouldn't allow me to I'll try again and I'd say it's severe but my doctor said it was moderate at best.

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

One side up with no new pimples it's the one pictured that's very red, I think that was from using the shea butter.

MemberMember
(@showyfunction)

Posted : 02/06/2018 3:43 pm

Yes it does look like its moderate with a lot of redness.. maybe stop with the shea butter. it would be good if you knew your skin type so you could get proper reccommendations
examples of skin types include oily skin which features constant greasy and shiny looking patches with a lot of blackheads.. dry skin features flakes and dead skin cells peeling off and then theres combination type skin which is a bit of both

MemberMember
(@adam96)

Posted : 02/06/2018 7:20 pm

16 hours ago, ShowyFunction said:

Yes it does look like its moderate with a lot of redness.. maybe stop with the shea butter. it would be good if you knew your skin type so you could get proper reccommendations
examples of skin types include oily skin which features constant greasy and shiny looking patches with a lot of blackheads.. dry skin features flakes and dead skin cells peeling off and then theres combination type skin which is a bit of both

I wouldn't say I have oily skin well not that I've noticed but could be possible and I would say it's more dry than oily

thanks btw

MemberMember
(@showyfunction)

Posted : 02/09/2018 8:51 am

Tea tree is really good so I would defo say keep using that, but I would say use the oil instead of soap, the oil is more stronger so more effective. It does dry and irritate the skin sometimes so you could dilute it first and then use it on your spots.
if your skin gets overly dry, use AHA products like glycolic acid. Glycolic acid exfoliates the skin and gets rid of dead skin cells without you having to scrub or do anything to your skin. But again it can be irritating so you could dilute that.
have you tried topical creams like benzoyl peroxide? That is the main treatment that this website sells, a lot of people use it to achieve good results with acne 
i stopped lymocycline because it was tough on my stomach :( and you™re welcome