Notifications
Clear all

Iron and acne?

MemberMember
(@ecna)

Posted : 02/05/2018 4:33 pm

Hi,

Lately I have been feeling more tired than usual which is really bothering me as I have energy for nothing. I have read that my iron levels can be low and that might help. However I am not going to add a supplement to my diet that could in some way worsen my acne. I don™t think it™s worth it.

I searched around on this forum to dine and information about it and if it could potentially cause acne but didn™t find a lot so I decided to make my own topic about it.

My question is very simple: has anyone ever broke out when taking iron supplement or have any reliable studies that states it™s safe to use?

please share your personal experience :)

thanks!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/17/2018 5:19 am

You should really get a blood test :) Could be literally anything and wouldn't be worth supplementing something you have enough of already.

I take a gentle liquid iron, folic acid and B12 supplement and haven't broken out from them worse than usual.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 03/09/2018 3:58 am

You can get a blood test for iron and B12, which are the two most likely to cause tiredness. I use Thriva, which is a great website and the results are beautifully presented and checked by a doctor to comment on (if not within the healthy limits)! If you use this link you can get 50% of your test :) [Removed link]