Notifications
Clear all

Cover dry patches with make up?

MemberMember
(@c-morr)

Posted : 02/05/2018 3:20 pm

Hi all! Ive been doing the regimen for a little under 2 weeks. Next weekend I have an event that I need to wear make up for. when Ive tried the last few days the dry patches show A LOT and I dont know what to do about it. TIA!

MemberMember
(@beachgirl333)

Posted : 02/08/2018 5:54 pm

Hi C Morr,

I suggest using a really good primer before applying liquid foundation with a dewy finish. I have dry/sensitive acne prone skin and experience dry patches regularly. Dimethicone based primers like the classic Smashbox Photo Finish will work well to prevent dry patches, a drugstore dupe is the monist ate chafing gel. The Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer and the Elf HD Mattifying Balm Primer also work really well for me!

As far as foundations, L'oreal True Match Lumi, Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth, Clinique Superbalanced Silk, and Estee Lauder Double Wear are all really great options with decent shade ranges. Set your foundation with a powder, if you can afford it, BareMinerals has a hydrating powder. Set your makeup with a spray like Urban Decay Cooling and Hydrating Spray or Flower Beauty Seal the Deal Hydrating Spray.

If you're able to, bring your setting spray or rosewater spray (like the Mario Badescu one) with you. You can keep shiny spots subdued with blotting paper.

Also, I suggest taking Omega 3, biotin, and Collagen to help your skin hydrate from the inside.

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 03/29/2018 12:26 pm

Try mixing a creamy concealer with moisturizer and apply to dry patches by gently patting it in with your middle finger. Using a large, fluffy brush, lightly dab with powder. That should do it.