Notifications
Clear all

What do you guys think about this?

MemberMember
(@supremenot)

Posted : 02/04/2018 5:53 am

I respect Dr Lim and I think he does get results but I feel like the last couple posts he's made he's been messing around with the lighting. I was regally invested in saving up my money and get a bunch of treatments with him to hopefully remove my scars but I'm starting to doubt it.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/04/2018 6:07 am

I have been thinking about this too. I actually live in Australia, about a two hour flight away from him.

My main concern is the lack of reviews about him here. So far I have read two. Also, with his RealSelf reviews I do notice a lot of those profiles that have written a review are people who have made the one and only post. Are all of those internet reviews true? He does appear very to be very passionate about scar revision, I will give you that.

Anyone else on here has actually made an appointment and seen him here? Apparently he is not taking international patients anymore? He is very popular. I'm currently on Accutane and I am doing my due diligence about whether I want to do scar revision or not. I know Beautiful Ambition is a very big Davin Lim fan. But has he actually seen him and/or known anyone personally who has?

Another thing I might add is that is a massive improvement using subcision with no filler to act as a spacer. How long would it last? And how many days/weeks/months was that video shot?

A dramatic improvement in the video!

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 02/04/2018 6:20 am

It's fairly difficult to get the exact same lighting each time you take a picture or video. That's also a fairly realistic result -- you can see he still has scarring, but a lot of the volume loss was addressed by fillers.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/04/2018 6:23 am

3 minutes ago, Raster said:

It's fairly difficult to get the exact same lighting each time you take a picture or video. That's also a fairly realistic result -- you can see he still has scarring, but a lot of the volume loss was addressed by fillers.

Well it looks like a 75-80% improvement...you would take that any day of the week.

MemberMember
(@xyz2018)

Posted : 02/04/2018 8:24 pm

@SupremeNotI agree, you can clearly see the before pic is taken in harsh lighting and after pic is in normal light. I have had a series of treatments done by Dr. Lim over the past year. I recently had nokorsubcision with fully ablative co2 laser. My scars looked good for about a month because of all the swelling and lumps under cheeks due to aggressive subcision. 3 months post procedure, all my scars are back to looking exactly the way it did before I began treatments. I did not see any improvement in my scars at all.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/04/2018 9:50 pm

Are you going back to see him again for a follow up XYZ? There are no miracles in scar revision, even with David Lim. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work as planned.

You mentioned you had a series of treatments? What was his comment in regards to the scars coming back when swelling is down?

Remember, collagen can take six months to fully work, so there might be some hope. If you are an Aussie, at least you get a Medicare rebate on subcision and fully ablative lasers

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/04/2018 11:04 pm

16 hours ago, Raster said:

It's fairly difficult to get the exact same lighting each time you take a picture or video.

Yeah, but in this case it's an obvious flip of a switch.

MemberMember
(@jaspa0411)

Posted : 02/05/2018 1:00 am

I will be seeing him for subcision in a month's time.

Dr Lim was fantastic at my consult. He really took the time to take me through all the information. He was very genuine and I felt he didn't judge me (if I can say that). He is just like he is on the videos. God knows I have had enough judging with Beauty Therapists over the years.

He recommended subcision and fillers. I have had fully ablative erbium and fraxel in the past (plus i have roscacea) so he has a lot to deal with. I am also on what I thought was low dose oratane but Dr Lim said it is a pretty high dose ? (I take 20mg x 3 x per week). I have been on Oratane for over a year.

The way it happened was sort of out of the blue. I had been out to dinner with a therapist I thought was a friend, who proceeded to get drunk and tell me how bad my scarring was. This therapist kept saying that roller needling is the way of the future and I could get good results with it.

I haven't spoken to her since, and I booked in to see Dr Lim. Turns out roller needling is a tearing machine, so I'm glad I didn't listen to her.

This sort of all happened very fast and I am very nervous. I will take photos if I don't chicken out that is.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/05/2018 1:23 am

Please update if you do go Jaspa. I wish you all the best with your treatment.

Taking 20mg Accutane only three times a week is not a high dose? Some people are on a 100mg a day! Are you doing the subcision while on Oratane (accutane). I'm on 10mg a day and have been for nine months. I'm really considering seeing him, so thank you for writing that. It's good to know he was wonderful during the consult.

MemberMember
(@jaspa0411)

Posted : 02/05/2018 1:34 am

Will do ScarRight. Ill try and film it on my ipad as well.

Yes he will be performing the procedure while I am on my Oratane. He didn't mention stopping or anything of the sort.

He spent heaps of time with the angled lighting and he took loads of photos, he also tried to show me some, but I wasn't that keen. He loves doing the subcision and filler and said he likes to do it early in the morning when he is fresh. I really appreciated him tell me that, as obviously I'd hate if he was hungover or anything and it conveyed to me in a sense that he loves what he does.

I am terribly nervous though. I just don't want to make it worse and go backward. I have a month to mentally prepare.

ScarRight liked
MemberMember
(@xyz2018)

Posted : 02/06/2018 10:26 pm

On 2/5/2018 at 1:50 PM, ScarRight said:

Are you going back to see him again for a follow up XYZ? There are no miracles in scar revision, even with David Lim. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work as planned.

You mentioned you had a series of treatments? What was his comment in regards to the scars coming back when swelling is down?

Remember, collagen can take six months to fully work, so there might be some hope. If you are an Aussie, at least you get a Medicare rebate on subcision and fully ablative lasers

Yes, I am planning on seeing him again for a follow-up. I know there are no miracles in scar revision, however, ihave been seeing DrLin for treatments for over a year now and unfortunately in my case, not only did my scars not improve, they are a lot worse now than before I began treatments. I wish I had done some research about how badly lasers can destroy your skin.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 02/06/2018 10:35 pm

What kind of scars do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

MemberMember
(@xyz2018)

Posted : 02/06/2018 11:31 pm

53 minutes ago, Raster said:

What kind of scars do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

Tethered scars, rolling scars, boxcar and ice pick scarring.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/07/2018 12:25 am

I would probably choose infini over lasers. I don't think I can stomach the risk of lasers, too many horror stories. Hopefully for xyz you get treated for free, because thats not fair to pay top dollar and get your scars worse than before.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/07/2018 2:32 am

@XyZ@2018Can you post just a pic of your scars upclose or you can PM me (you can make your own post if you wish). I would like to try and help you.

Cheers,
BA

MemberMember
(@xyz2018)

Posted : 02/07/2018 3:19 am

@beautifulambitionI am planning on making a post detailing my acne scar treatment journey with before and after pics in the next few weeks. I appreciate you trying to help me.Thank you.

MemberMember
(@user650286)

Posted : 02/15/2018 3:48 pm

On 2/5/2018 at 1:00 AM, Jaspa0411 said:

I had been out to dinner with a therapist I thought was a friend, who proceeded to get drunk and tell me how bad my scarring was. This therapist kept saying that roller needling is the way of the future and I could get good results with it.

What an awful thing for someone to say; that must have really hurt.
Good luck with your procedure, and please keep us posted!

Jaspa0411 liked