Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DamagedSkin

Healing damaged skin from overexfoliation?

Hi I have posted this before but didn't get many posts. So I'm trying it again: 

I'm 23 F. Up to now, I had just perfect skin but for some reason, I fell into depression and became obsessed with my appearance. I had a belief that something was wrong with my skin, so I used excessive exfoliants on my face. Now I had a painful bout of cystic acne which led to icepick scars on my cheeks. 

However the good news is that those scars are shallow. They are not extremely deep. Since I went on a caveman regimen - meaning I stopped using all exfoliants - my skin is now smooth and I stopped getting new acne.

Is it even worth dermarolling at home or should I forget and learn to accept my skin? I am really hoping to get my skin back. 

Perhaps you should go see a dermatologist. How long have you been on the caveman regimen? I think you shouldn't put anything on your face without consulting with a profesional since probably your lipid barrier is damaged. Btw I know exactly what you are feeling