Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lafasta

Interesting info on my teatree oil bottle!

I've read a lot about teatree oil on here, almost everyone has said to never put full strength teatree oil directly on your face, you should dilute it in water first. Well, I bought thursday plantation teatree oil and it says right on the packaging, and on the bottle to put a it on a cotton ball and apply it directly to u'r skin. And this is 100% teatree oil!! Is this information wrong? Because i can't see them writing that on their product if it would harm your skin. If anyone can help me out here i'd be really happy, cuz this is very confusing!

okay, because i've been using it on my skin like they said, and i haven't really seen any improvements yet. My skin isn't really that dry though, so am i using it wrong if i do what it says on the bottle??

Tea Tree Oil takes awhile to work, but once you do see results from tea tree oil you will be amazed.

Best bet is to just stick with it for a few more weeks, and you will see results. Tea Tree Oil is a awesome product.

Hi, guys smile.gif!

The tea tree oil is one of the very few essential oils that can be applied pure on the skin (along with lavender oil) - so you can apply it pure, unless your skin is really sensitive.

Anyway, you can't dilute essential oils in water, they do not dissolve into water, but only in alcohol and grease (vegetable or mineral oils, creams etc.).

Livius is right - you can apply tea tree oil at 100%, although for the first few applications, it may be best to dilute it in a carrier oil such as jojoba, hazelnut or emu (these three oils won't break you out, so don't worry)

You should be okay using it neat, though. If you experience any sensitivity then dilute it.

Thanx livius & Rossignol, that helped alot because i couldn't figure out how people were diluting an oil in water. But know that i know i can continue pure 100% TTO on my face.

TTO has a weird smell. I use Thursday Plantation's too but for spot treatment.

http://www.thursdayplantation.com/acne/

You may want to dilute the oil with 50% aloe vera, witch hazel, jojoba, lavender, grapeseed, chamomile, or rose oil. It is good to make that blend if you feel that 100% TTO stings your skin. Not only that it is soothing to the skin but diluting it will also help with the smell. Below is a link where to best get them:

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/aroma/ess.php

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/aroma/chakra.php

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/face/face.php

I prefer the certified organic versions.

First of all, most manufacturers of the product differ. I have the thursday plantation version (is that how u spell it?) and i can apply it on my skin without any problems. But let me fill u in on what happened with a different manufacturer of the Tea Tree oil. I think its Goanna or someshit like that, i popped a whitehead and thought i should apply tea tree oil on it to kill the bacteria inside and shit. Well i didnt dilute it with water, rather i just applyed it on a cottonball and applyed it on the whitehead. I held it on the whitehead for around 5-10min what happened next, well the area where i placed the cottonball started swelling. By the next morning i had this dark brown mark (look like a scar) on that area, let me tell u it was an ugly site. So what had happened is that the tea tree oil burnt my skin basically, though thankfully it turned into a scab and is healling nicely. So do dilute with water as u must be cautious about what type of tea tree oil u are using.

I've read a lot about teatree oil on here, almost everyone has said to never put full strength teatree oil directly on your face, you should dilute it in water first.  Well, I bought thursday plantation teatree oil and it says right on the packaging, and on the bottle to put a it on a cotton ball and apply it directly to u'r skin.  And this is 100% teatree oil!!  Is this information wrong?  Because i can't see them writing that on their product if it would harm your skin.  If anyone can help me out here i'd be really happy, cuz this is very confusing!

I've read a lot about teatree oil on here, almost everyone has said to never put full strength teatree oil directly on your face, you should dilute it in water first.  Well, I bought thursday plantation teatree oil and it says right on the packaging, and on the bottle to put a it on a cotton ball and apply it directly to u'r skin.  And this is 100% teatree oil!!  Is this information wrong?  Because i can't see them writing that on their product if it would harm your skin.  If anyone can help me out here i'd be really happy, cuz this is very confusing!