Notifications
Clear all

Best copper peptide serum?

MemberMember
(@eva_li)

Posted : 02/03/2018 2:36 pm

Can you recommend good copper peptide serum to supplement treatments for better healing?

Came across this one - NCN Skincare Copper Peptide Tripeptide [Link removed]is anyone familiar?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/03/2018 5:29 pm

Been using it for years, but honestly I don't think the benefit outweighs the cost. It didn't minimize the appearance of my scars (maybe fine lines and wrinkles). It's more hype than science. You would be better served taking essential amino acids like L-lysine. I personally recommend a cocktail of L-lysine and serrapeptase. The former induces collagen production while the latter reduces scar formation.
eva_li liked
MemberMember
(@fov1b7lynd)

Posted : 02/04/2018 9:02 am

The one usually mentioned online is NIOD's. But it's expensive, and I'm not sure whether the online comments about it are fake.

MemberMember
(@jrinker)

Posted : 02/07/2018 3:46 pm

I'm also interested in finding a decent brand

MemberMember
(@eva_li)

Posted : 02/17/2018 6:39 am

@Sirius Leethanks for your insights. I have been taking L-Lysin occasionally (I need to find a different brand tho because the one I have comes in huuuge pills that freak me out).
Have been looking into Serrapeptase and been seriously intrigued! However, I feel there s not enough information on it and I am not sure if it is safe to take when I am on birth control pills. Seems a lot of women use it for reproductive health issues (endometriosis etc). So Im afraid it might mess with hormonal balance and affect the BC? Do you know something about this? I will inquire in Pharmacy but already anticipate they won't be very helpful since it seems quite unexplored.

'

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/17/2018 2:30 pm

6 hours ago, EagleEva said:
@Sirius Leethanks for your insights. I have been taking L-Lysin occasionally (I need to find a different brand tho because the one I have comes in huuuge pills that freak me out).
Have been looking into Serrapeptase and been seriously intrigued! However, I feel there s not enough information on it and I am not sure if it is safe to take when I am on birth control pills. Seems a lot of women use it for reproductive health issues (endometriosis etc). So Im afraid it might mess with hormonal balance and affect the BC? Do you know something about this? I will inquire in Pharmacy but already anticipate they won't be very helpful since it seems quite unexplored.

'

Serrapeptase is a proteolytic enzyme known specifically for its anti-inflammatory effects, and we know that chronic inflammation is the direct outcome of hormonal imbalance that's caused by various stress factors, both bodily and environmental. This is especially more pronounced among women. While serrapeptase will not get rid of the underlying stress, I think it can play an important role for those who suffer from hormonal imbalance simply by reducing the inflammation.