Notifications
Clear all

Looking for Tips about Accutane

MemberMember
(@frankielee)

Posted : 02/01/2018 9:37 pm

My name is Frankie Lee. I'm almost 32 years old, Female. I'm a drug counselor and case manager, married, mother of 5. I am a MRSA carrier and have decided to try Accutane after battling with acne all my life and trying multiple topic creams and many antibiotics for the past few years. It seems although I'm resistant to antibiotics! I have had a total hysterectomy with the exception of keeping my ovaries. I have had weight loss surgery so I already suffer greatly with constipation issues and have all my life. I have severe anxiety and depression and do not currently take medication because of bad side effects in the past. Having a bachelor's degree and pursing a master's in social work I am smart enough to handle myself and my symptoms without medication although sometimes know I could benefit from it and after Accutane I plan to have genetic testing and try other medications better suited for my anxiety needs. I have dry skin on my face and often have chapped lips and also already have severely dry eyes and asthma/sinus issues/allergies. I also have migraines with auras (hallucinations) and trouble concentrating but I take Trokendi XR for those which isn't working so seems to be sinus related as well! So I'm here because I have many of the problems listed as side effects of this medication yet I still decided today that I wanted to try it because it is my last option and I am hopeless at this point! So I plan to target all of these side effects and treat them the best way possible! I'm here asking for help, tips and whatever advice you all can give. 
To sum it up. I already have the following:
Asthma/Allergies/Sinus issues
Dry skin and chapped lips
Constipation
Dry Eyes
Anxiety and Depression
Migraines

I haven't even started Accutane yet but will be hopefully in the next week. My dermatologist is starting me on half the highest dose because of all of my medical problems but fears that it won't be enough to keep the acne from coming back after the 5 month treatment period. I'm afraid of that as well! 
Also I wanna say, I have heard from friends that I shouldn't try Accutane because my acne isn't that bad. I actually told my dermatologist that today. Her response was, No I don't have severe acne, my problem is that I have tried so many different types of treatments and they haven't worked, I have had MRSA twice, having my face lanced one of those times, and at my age it is continuing to worsen instead of getting better. That is why she recommends Accutane, not because the severity of my acne, but because of the persistence and the resistance of it!
Sorry so long!

27336907_1599571100132771_6552734794856648304_n.jpg

26685333_1582976391792242_8593034730434768778_o.jpg

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 02/02/2018 12:13 pm

Frankie-Lee please tell me where you are from.
Please look at these adverse events report for isotretinoin(accutane)

[Removed link]

I can tell you 100% that you do not qualify for accutane.
Please report your dermatologist because he is acting in an unethical manner.

If you have any auto immune problems or have suffered from depression you Will suffer on accutane and these problems for many are permanent.

77 deaths plus many more suicidal ideation in the UK alone.

You could lose half your hair permanently.
You may become infertile.

Accutane is a chemotherapy.

Please just do your research.

Please PM me so we can talk further.
If you decide to take accutane please get all your bloods taked before hand so you have a comparison if anything goes wrong.
Also if you decide to take please give us regular up-dates but I beg you not to embark on this treatment - it just isn't worth it.

MemberMember
(@frankielee)

Posted : 02/02/2018 4:11 pm

I have 5 kids who need me and would never hurt myself. I go to counseling for ptsd and anxiety. I do have depression but again I would never kill myself. I am a counselor and I know better. I know when to seek immediate help. Also, if you read all my post you should have seen I had a hysterectomy so infertility is no issue. I can't have kids already. My hair falling out I do worry about because I already have that issue because of my thyroid and weight loss surgery.

Are you worried that I would kill myself? Is that why you say I don't qualify?

MemberMember
(@bigburd24)

Posted : 02/02/2018 11:21 pm

7 hours ago, Frankie~Lee said:

I have 5 kids who need me and would never hurt myself. I go to counseling for ptsd and anxiety. I do have depression but again I would never kill myself. I am a counselor and I know better. I know when to seek immediate help. Also, if you read all my post you should have seen I had a hysterectomy so infertility is no issue. I can't have kids already. My hair falling out I do worry about because I already have that issue because of my thyroid and weight loss surgery.

there are lots of risk of taking Accutaneand chances are you wont get any serious permanentones, just the common ones like dry eyes and lips which is currently experiencing, and your acne is not severe enough to the point where accutane would be an option, but if you want to do it do it, you will be perfectly fine and only experience the common side effects that everyone else does. these forums are filled with people who try to scare people out of going on Accutane and its one of the reasons I don'tuse these forums anymore, but yeah like I said if you wanna clear your skin permanentlyand are prepared for the side effects go for it, and good luck! 🙂

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 02/03/2018 7:04 am

14 hours ago, Frankie~Lee said:

You don't qualify becauseyour acne is not severe enough and you have suffered from depression! No doctor in his right mind would prescribed you accutane and I again urge you to report him! I am not talking about you getting depressed and them maybe killing yourself - I am talking about you going in and out of psychosis. You won't necessarily be able to help yourself.
I am growing so tired ow warning people who just don't want to hear it.

So you got 5 kids and you are not worried about fertility - this is hardly the point. What is this medication doing to you if it can have this effect.
What about your sex life - do you not care about that? So your libido may get reduced to zero - think about it, no libido no emotions.
Imagine looking at your kids and feeling anything.

Maybe I am being a little extreme here but do you get my drift?

Did you look up the list of side effects in the link I sent you?

Accutane is a chemotherapy treatment. Many people shred for years and they don't recover as far as I am aware.

You are old enough to make your own decisions but you are already vulnerable and susceptible.
You also have kids to think about .

Look up their guidelines for prescribing accutane - I can say with absolute certainty that you do not qualify.

Are you from Europe? You would doing me a massive favour if you could send me proof that you have been prescribed accutane.
You at least are asking questions. Many other vulnerable people may also be getting prescription and this is off great concern to me.

Google accutane suicides.
Google accutane sexual sides.
Goodle accutane murder.

Make no mistake about it - accutane is a psychotropic medication.

Is it really worth the Risk?

Will you send me the proof of prescription and also let me know where you are from?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 02/03/2018 1:12 pm

I personally believe everyone should go Accutane. Not only does the original poster lack any semblance of acne that would even be considered 'mild' but the responses are so chaotic and misdirected that I think it would be appropriate to throw some tinder in the fire as well.

MemberMember
(@frankielee)

Posted : 02/03/2018 10:08 pm

I am from the USA. I am under the care of a psychologist and I see him every 2-3 weeks. I also work with Licensed Practical Clinical Counselors and Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors, Case Managers and Social Workers, Medical Doctors and Nurse Practitioners... Sooo... Some of my coworkers are already aware and all of them will be by the time I start Accutane. We are a family and they will look out for me. My doctor has said she will start me on half the dose because of my depression which if you must know is from finding my mother when she killed herself by taking all of her prescription anxiety medication which led to my PTSD... which is also why I am not on any medication for my anxiety at this time because I have been afraid of it... but anyways.. If I start to have worsening symptoms I have my husband and my work family, not to mention my psychologist, looking out for me and I will report it immediately to my Dermatologist and will discontinue the Accutane. Thank you for worrying about me, really. 

I came here looking for tips to assist me with these meds. I know I need to drink water and a high fiber diet to help with constipation. Is there any tricks to help detox the body? Is Carmex sufficient enough for the lips or will I need something expensive or prescription? What about eye drops?  That type of stuff... Not to have someone try to scare me away from it... I thought this would be a supportive site... Dang.. LOL

This is just face, neck and chest area.... this is at it's best. Just finished bactrim with a topical cream.. clindamycin before the bactrim. 

20180203_221609.jpg

20180203_221551.jpg

20180203_221543.jpg