Notifications
Clear all

Advice+needed+-+derma+rolling+or+not?

MemberMember
(@vivobook)

Posted : 02/01/2018 7:51 am

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking around for a while and decided to post. Long story short, when I was a teenager I had breakouts which I made worse by constantly picking. Fast forward time, I am in my mid twenties, no acne (yay), fairly clear skin (a few spots here and there once in a while due to periods) BUT am still left with a patch of scars on my right cheek. 

The scars have gotten better with time and microdermabrasion treatments over the years but are still visible enough to bother me. 

I noticed a lot of people have seen major improvements with derma rolling/stamping. I was wondering if perhaps it is worth giving a try?

Any tips, tricks and advice would be most welcome! Thanks!

scars.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/01/2018 7:58 am

Derma stamping the area should eventualy yeild results,if you got any suited maybe tca cross,not on all of them but maybe 1 or 2 might be suited to tca cross.but also spot peeling your cheek with tca will help also but need to work strength up to 25%+,more near 30%ish.

out of these derma stamp is the simplest,easiest to perform and you only have to worry about looking red but you need many spaced out,all treatments need spacing out to allow for healing,this is where the magic happens.
:)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/01/2018 11:24 pm

RF Microneedling could help with that scar type (3 treatments), I would only dermastamp if you cannot afford it and want to do it at home.

Peels are also necessary for your skin texture, ... several medium strength peels and cross for the smaller icepicks / boxcars. You can use retin a or tretinorin as well, differin is sold at target and you use this nightly when not treating.

MemberMember
(@vivobook)

Posted : 02/02/2018 6:27 am

Thanks guys!

@beautifulambition So you suggest to fully ignore derma stamping and go straight for a mirconeedling treatments? Money is not really an issue, I just never really thought of microneedling.
In terms of peels, do you mean chemical peels or the at home serums such as "Nightly Refining Micro-peel Concentrate" by Kiehl's?

I live in London, UK and we don't have target but would do some digging for Retin.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/02/2018 10:38 am

@vivobookI don't think rolling / dermastamping aka microneedling is worth getting at the doctors for $$$$. You can do this at home. It's good for upkeep but will not give you the results you want in a timely manner. RF Microneedling uses rf energy to remodel the collagen - protecting your epidermis (you need a few treatments with months between for healing -by a derm or med spa). Your scars would work well with this.

I would also have tca cross done on your smaller scars (to raise them - it takes several)

Lastly I would Do a deep sedated acid peel with a plastic or derm to get under your spots, or several medium tca peels. Another alternative is fully ablative erbium resurfacing.

Acid peels are ways to resurface the skin. You can take a look at the faq - top of the scar solutions sub, first post, then the peels section, click the link for more info on peels on the first page.

vivobook liked
MemberMember
(@vivobook)

Posted : 02/02/2018 10:49 am

6 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:
@vivobookI don't think rolling / dermastamping aka microneedling is worth getting at the doctors for $$$$. You can do this at home. It's good for upkeep but will not give you the results you want in a timely manner. RF Microneedling uses rf energy to remodel the collagen - protecting your epidermis (you need a few treatments with months between for healing -by a derm or med spa). Your scars would work well with this.

I would also have tca cross done on your smaller scars (to raise them - it takes several)

Lastly I would Do a deep sedated acid peel with a plastic or derm to get under your spots, or several medium tca peels. Another alternative is fully ablative erbium resurfacing.

Acid peels are ways to resurface the skin. You can take a look at the faq - top of the scar solutions sub, first post, then the peels section, click the link for more info on peels on the first page.

Very helpful, thanks!

I will look into everything and hopefully find the best solution.