Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I’m so frustrated and sad because in just a year my skin has gone from fine to terrible. It all started when I tried to go vegan. I thought it would help clear up what little acne I had, but instead, my skin has deteriorated. I have tried everything - the supplements, the pills, the natural remedies, different ways of eating, etc, and my face is still awful. I know looks shouldn’t matter that much, but it really does when people don’t want to talk to you because you’re ugly and you can’t help it. It also sucks that I have really bad scarring now. Will it ever clear up? What do I do? I feel so hopeless...

I'm so sorry that you're going through this right now :( The frustration is honestly one of the worst parts of having a skin condition. I'd say slowly move away from veganism if that what seems to have triggered it. I've also dealt with acne forever and I've found that simplicity is best for my skin. I use Sebamed Cleansing Bar, Neutrogena Spot Gel, and Aveeno Moisturizer. I'll get an occasional zit (usually around my time of the month), but it's nowhere near where it used to be. Hope this helps <3