Notifications
Clear all

Concerns about Filler

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 01/30/2018 6:04 pm

Hello everybody,

I have some doubts about filler, because it is possible that the filler could spread and isn`t on the right place (the scar).
Is this negligible? What dou you think?

I hope my english is understandable.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/30/2018 10:25 pm

Don't worry about it. This is not worth being concerned over. Filler is temporary by nature (body dissolves it naturally) and can be gotten rid of if the injector ever makes a mistake with injections, ....if it's HA. HA is a natural substance found in the body.

It can also be massaged out It does not have to be injected perfectly. If you have pits with some fat loss you need filler.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 01/30/2018 10:31 pm

The bigger problem I see with filler is that it doesn't last long. I have a very fast metabolism, so it would probably dissipate a lot quicker than others. I could be spending several thousand a year.

To the original poster, unless you are going Bellafill, I wouldn't be too worried about the filler going into other places.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/30/2018 10:37 pm

@ScarRightSome don't need filler at all and just a spacer works (I discussed this in Eva's post about Europe and Subcision). For others it re-tethers or they have massive volume loss. I would at least do a few HA sessions before you go Bellafill. See if you even like it. Bellafill your stuck. HA can be economical (health savings, care credit, etc) if one saves up but yes it's a cost. As we age we need filler regardless we loose bone and fat. The filler also is different for your scar type and amount of fat loss. Some can get 1 to 1.5 years our of Lift/ Voluma.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 01/30/2018 10:40 pm

Bellafill is unavailable in my country, Australia. Even Davin Lim doesn't use Bellafill and he doesn't appear to be a fan, due to the alergic reaction risk in patients. I wouldn't travel overseas just for a filler.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/30/2018 10:57 pm

@ScarRightActually Bellafill (it may be called Artefill still in The EU or Australia) is legal in AUS http://www.trademarkify.com.au/trademark/1363355 . I can't remember the date but it was approved years ago. Regarding Dr. Lim I have said for a long time on here HA I feel is the better option and reversible. Many as you complain they cannot afford the ongoing cost so I give them a "option" of Bellafill. Other longer lasting fillers will come out in the future as well. You get a medicare supplement payment in AUS towards your scar revision - laser, energy devices, subcision, etc... (In the USA this is all out of pocket) . Dr. Lim takes this which pays for your care (Small portion paid by you). Why have you not been treated in full by Dr. Lim? He is one of the best laser doctors in the world and can do permanent procedures that are not temporary.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 01/30/2018 11:27 pm

7 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@ScarRightActually Bellafill (it may be called Artefill still in The EU or Australia) is legal in AUS http://www.trademarkify.com.au/trademark/1363355 . I can't remember the date but it was approved years ago. Regarding Dr. Lim I have said for a long time on here HA I feel is the better option and reversible. Many as you complain they cannot afford the ongoing cost so I give them a "option" of Bellafill. Other longer lasting fillers will come out in the future as well. You get a medicare supplement payment in AUS towards your scar revision - laser, energy devices, subcision, etc... (In the USA this is all out of pocket) . Dr. Lim takes this which pays for your care (Small portion paid by you). Why have you not been treated in full by Dr. Lim? He is one of the best laser doctors in the world and can do permanent procedures that are not temporary.

The medicare supplement in Australia does not cover fillers. You get zero back. I am in no rush and I am doing my due diligence. And we all know lasers and their poor record for atrophic scars, I am very skeptical even if the most hyped doctors can get good results with lasers. I have only found two actual reviews on here by people who have seen Davin Lim, so I am cautious.

Bellafill may technically be legal in Australia, but actually finding a doctor that administers it is another completely different manner. Most doctors here will only use semi=permanent fillers at best,

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 01/31/2018 5:06 am

I agree with your analysis. Bellafill (or really any permanent filler) should never be the first filler you get. It is only advisable IF you have had fillers and actually like the look. If you hate it, it's permanent and impossible to remove without causing even more scars / disfigurement. Anyone looking to get fillers, should do temporary fillers first and see how they behave in the scars. There is a possibility of fillers donuting but they will eventually dissipate.

Temporary fillers will never make your skin worse though. It may be injected poorly, but if you do nothing, they will go back to normal eventually.

Fillers need to be maintained, that's a fact and a reality you have to accept. Accept that it will be a life long commitment (if you want to preserve your improvement). Think of it this way, how much money do we waste everyday on little things that add up? I think of fillers as personal maintenance.

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 01/31/2018 5:18 am

Thank you.

The reason I opened this topic:

I have a subcision-appointment on a friday and a filler-appointment on a wednesday.

I hope it doens`t retether by then.

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 01/31/2018 10:33 pm

@beautifulambitionHave you ever spoken with anyone on here who has had serious complications from filler? Specifically vision impairment/blindness? I read its extremely rare, and the majority of cases happened from injecting around the eyes, but its been scaring me away from doing it. Im currently trying to find a cure for my acne before i do any treatment to avoid additional scarring from treatments that can cause breakouts. Im thinking filler will be my first attempt, along with IPL

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/31/2018 11:22 pm

@seattlegal90NO to answer the question, never myself, those I have treated, those I have helped here, etc... If you mean from those permanent fillers, the answer is yes, permanent solutions "can" have permanent problems right, ...it's a risk we take, even those are fairly few.

I sympathize with your fears but you have far more likelihood of getting into a car accident leaving the house than having HA filler done by someone who has experience in anatomy, HA is naturally found in the body, Can be dissolved immediately, and has done thousands of procedures (Expert injector). Sure if uncle bill down the street is injecting you or someone on third world country vacation, as they are not trained, but you get my point.

If your going on realself many are the worst cases, they go there to bitch, are hypochondriacs or have psychological issues (aka the human ken doll and barbie). Many doctors oversell or say treatments can do things they cannot. When you are doing combo procedures, several types and kinds of filler, ... in general you know that can be risky - from a facelift you start to get scar tissue (Human ken doll has done 125 major procedures), etc.

Are you fearful any time you goto the dentist, you know there can be complications with that, even cleanings... you see what I mean. Filler and subcision are great, probably the most helpful procedure for acne scarring, aging, etc.

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 02/01/2018 12:22 am

@beautifulambition Yeah, that makes sense, youre right, those statistics include those who were not specialized in this field .  I guess when the time comes, i will go to a well experienced surgeon, even if I have to fly to another state. I only plan to use HA initially as i dont know how it will turn out. I would like to do subcision as well, although i just saw that one guy on here who seems quite obsessed with his scarring who went on accutane, and scar treatments, specifically subcision, (in his opinion) made scarring worse due to poor healing. Which is my fear as well. I scar so easily now. Otherwise, i would be soo interested in doing subcision when i get the filler done.

Thanks for your input :)