Notifications
Clear all

Need help desperately for my son

MemberMember
(@quicandy)

Posted : 01/30/2018 2:57 pm

My son turned 17 years old in November of 2017. Since then, he's been developing severe acne. I have tried everything on him already.....from Proactive, Mario Badescu to all the over the counter meds. The dermatologist prescribed him antibiotics which did nothing. He does not have oily skin. What else can i do for him? Here's a picture of his acne. Please help!
Thank you....

skin.jpg

MemberMember
(@unusualclub)

Posted : 01/30/2018 3:54 pm

Accutane is considered as the cure for acne for most people. It has some side effects. It is a last resort so I would consider many other things before doing that such as diet change. Not consuming any diary, drinking lots of water.

MemberMember
(@leah24242424)

Posted : 01/31/2018 5:12 am

He really should try the acne.org regimen. It's been a miracle for my skin when nothing else had worked. Read all the reviews on this site.

MemberMember
(@quicandy)

Posted : 02/06/2018 9:14 am

I took my son to a dermatologist yesterday and he recommended accutane. My son will start his treatment tomorrow. Hope everything goes well. Please keep him in your prayers, his name is Alex. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@quicandy)

Posted : 02/09/2018 2:58 pm

Today is my son's 4th day on Accutane. He's having an IB. His classmates are telling him he's acne is getting worse. As a mom, i wish i can take all the pain away and embarrassment he's experiencing. Please give me some words on encouragement. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/11/2018 9:08 am

I am so sorry you and your son are going through this. Accutane, while it works, has to push everything to the surface so bad skin preceeds the clearing. It takes a while to see results but they will come. I agree with one of the above posters that it is worth looking into diet /lifestyle changes as such as accutane, while it helps, is not 100% for all people. Many of us relapse at some point.

Tell your son to stay positive, treat his body and skin well and know that acne does not have to define him by any means.

MemberMember
(@depressedwithmyface)

Posted : 02/11/2018 3:25 pm

Dont worry he just has to.endure it for some more time and then he is done with acne. He already has started the journey towards the clear skin and by the end of it he wont remember his classmate's comments.