Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lydia34

Apple CIder Vinegar and Calendula Balm

I am a 34 year old female who has battled pimples pretty much since I was 15. 
After trying most skincare regimes and spending thousands of dollars in the process, I read a review about Apple Cider Vinegar. It is a powerful antibacterial topical treatment. I had some on hand so i decided to give it a go. After cleansing with some left over La Roche Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel, I started mixing one cap full with one cap of water. I then applied with a soaked cotton ball. It's hard to say exactly which product is what kills the acne, because as a moisturiser I use an organic calendula ointment my Aunty makes. Please research the healing effects that calendula has on the skin. Apparently calendula shouldn't be used during pregnancy but my aunty immediately told me not to be concerned as the amount of calendula is so small. But please, consult a herbalist or a professional who  can provide guidance.  I'm not currently pregnant but hope to be soon so would hate to have to break this routine which works and to have to endure monster zit attacks. I shudder at the thought.
This very simple natural routinehas worked for me extremely well!!! My face cleared up really quickly. I don't even bother with the fancy expensive anti acne gel anymore. ACV and  calendula balm morning and night. If you have tried everything why not give it a go. It may not work for everyone, but it did for me. What a Godsend!!!
I can now finally say that I am virtually pimple free and for the first time in my life, I do not have to worry about what I am going to wake up to on my face every morning.
The countless time and energy spent squeezing, stressing over and hating my skin has now been completely changed whereby I don't even give it a second thought anymore because it's not a thing.
I was sick of getting my hopes up and trying anything that claimed clear skin, and was also hating using harsh chemicals - with a preference for more natural and alternative options.
I wish you all the best in your quest for beautiful skin. What I only ever dreamt of is now a reality. 

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes